1. Cut the neck where the slit already is cut through the windpipes and main arteries. Since this is not a game animal the head is not saved as a trophy. The horns should be sawed off to be used for boiling down to make glue, carved to make horns and other tools. Cut into the back of the neck forcing the quiva or sharp knife between the top two disks of the spine and then remove the head.(ALWAYS ask permission to use the knife)
2. Set the head aside to finish later. Take the quiva and place at the underside of the throat and cut from there to the anus. Now slice open the belly. Alot of the organs will be used for food and botas. The rest will become sleen food. This cut is also used to remove the hide. The stomaches and bladder will be used as botas. The heart, lungs, liver and kidneys will be used for food.
3. Next, reach into the cavity and remove the organs. Cut away the tendons and veins.
4. Next, lift the edge of the hide near the belly cut. The hide will be loosely attached here. Just peel it away from the meat beneath slicing the vessels and tendons as you peel.
5. Afterwards, scrape all the blood vessels and any meat still attached from the hide. For making furs dry it close to the fire making sure to keep it soft and pliable. For making leather the hair needs to be removed and the skin cured in the tannery.
6. Next the meat will need to be cut into roasts, humps, ribs, shoulder, flank, steaks. This meat should be wrapped and stored in the cooling shed.
7. The bones will be boiled down used in making alot of different things. glue, tools, awls, etc... as well the hooves will be used for glue.
8. Make sure to clean up the area and the knife when completely finished and return all the items to their proper place.