Glossary

From: John O'Regan
Date: Wed 06 Oct 1999 - 15:59:18 IST

Bandito Tore!

An excellent idea! We call them "audiobooks" or even "talking books." I would start a discussion about who would do all the voices, but we had a similar thread a while back about who would play the parts if CB were made into a film. ACW said CB never got off the ground as a film because of its narrative structure (all those time-shifts within time-shifts would drive an audience demented). But it could work as an audiobook or a radio play. The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy started life as a play on BBC Radio. Look how successful that turned out to be. It had convoluted storylines, time travel and digressions, but the narrative, in the guise of excerpts from the Guide, as well as being funny, served to hold the whole mess together,

something to muse over,
John (the Net Bandito).

 top

Archive last generated by hypermail 2b29
on Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 15:46:31 GMT.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws