Glossary

From: John O'Regan
Date: Wed 06 Oct 1999 - 16:29:44 IST

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, James A. Barbour wrote:

Now there's a thought - along the lines of the audiobook idea, what about releasing CB to the Gutenberg project? (http://www.gutenberg.net/) It wouldn't make Allan any money, but the whole world could read it!

Bandito James!

I second your excellent suggestion! However, the final decision is up to the author (or whoever owns the copyright) and although I'm sure ACW would like to make such a magnaminous, altruistic gesture, the crushing reality of financial constraints may mean that he will be forced to do otherwise. Even writers have to eat.

Also, Allan is currently negotiating with the publishers to have CB reprinted. They won't do it unless he can convince them that it will make money. If they get a whiff that it's on the Web for free, the whole deal might collapse. The Gutenberg Project might is an option to be considered

_after_ CB has been re-released.

Personally I still want it republished - I like having things on paper.

Again, I must agree with you. Having it online is better than not having it at all, but to have your own copy, ah... Now if I could just get my grubby little paws on an Advance Reader's Copy in good condition and that won't cost an arm and a leg. Guess I'll just have to keep trawling the Net,

wish me luck,
John (the Net Bandito).

 top

Archive last generated by hypermail 2b29
on Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 15:46:32 GMT.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws