Glossary

From: John E. Barrett
Date: Mon 07 Sep 1998 - 23:25:27 IST

Bandito Mark,

I am very interested in aquiring even a boot-legged copy of CB. I am in the category of having possesed two copies in my lifetime and having them both slip through my fingers, so I am desperate, as you may well imagine. As for copyright infringement I advise you take Robert's and Jim's advice: When the shit hits the fan, deny everything (and hope that you have some favors to call in from high ranking individuals in the intelligence community). I have lived my life by this simple credo (despite the fact that I have no favors to call in with high ranking members of the intelligence community) and it has served me well (in fact, I have found it much more useful to have friends in low places, as I am much more likely to interact with the girl in the coffee shop or the engineer at the brewery than the Director of the CIA, anyway, I digress). If you are still living in Manhattan, i can put you in contact with a CB friendly manager of a Kinkos somewhere in lower Manhattan (he may actually be the filthy rat bastard that has one of my copies, so he owes me a favor, see friends in low places, what did I tell you?) who will not mind the various copyright issues and associated intellectual property complexities.

I would agree with Bandito John, that $20-30 seems a little steep, but I won't squawk much -I am, after all, desperate. If I can get my hands on a boot-legged version, I fully intend to make about 50 copies of this book and hand it out at airports to the unenlightened wretched refuse of the world. These poor slobs need something to see them past the millenium. I fore see a world full of boot-legged copies of this book. Hey, while we're talking about distribution somebody should get down to brass tacks here and transcribe a copy of this book into html. We need to get this baby online and in multiple languages before Y2K. Let's stop fucking around people and get on with the process of enlightenment!

Bandito Jeb Barrett
Fort Collins, Colorado

 top

Archive last generated by hypermail 2b29
on Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 15:46:30 GMT.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws