Special Needs Tips
Kids with Latex Allergy
Balloon Ban Sample
My Family Search
pictures, & some outside links
VIEW OLD GUESTBOOK
All Rights Reserved
March 29, 2003
Back to Top
- ADA: US
Dept. of Justice, The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
ARC: Formerly the Association
for Retarded Citizens
Voices ~ a national, grassroots
clearinghouse for information
and education concerning the health care of children with special
Against Munchausen syndrome by proxy
- Mothers From Hell 2 ~ A humorous look at advocacy. Visit this site for a
- Social Security Online
- TASH ~ an
international association of people with disabilities, their family
members, other advocates, and professionals fighting for a society in
which inclusion of all people in all aspects of society is the norm.
TASH is an organization of members concerned with human dignity, civil
rights, education, and independence for all individuals with
Back to Top
These links may lead you to people in a
- Bereaved Parents Chat ~ at Parents Place. For anyone who has lost a child due to stillbirth,
miscarriage, or death. Wednesdays at 10 p.m. eastern time.
- CAL-DD ~ an unmoderated mailing list for anyone
interested in California's system of services for children and adults
with developmental disabilities. Subscribe by writing to: [email protected] In the body of the msg:
subscribe cal-dd firstname lastname
- #Disabled: IRC channel on
AnotherNet, a sister channel on NewNet.
- Delphi Disable Hotline:
chat every Friday evening
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Forum ~ complete with a link to the DMD chat!
- eosinophilgastro ~ This
list is for people who have eosinophil gastroenteritis, severe food
allergies and are on elemental formulas such as Neocate.
- Equal Access Cafe Chatroom
- General Disability Online Discussion Groups: At Family Village
- Guardian Children's Listserv ~ This list
is for children with motility disorders, their siblings and friends, to
have a safe place to voice their concerns, make friends, or just talk.
Please contact [email protected].
- Homeschooling Kids with Disabilities
Listserv ~ address email to [email protected] and type subscribe hkdl in the body of
- OK-Prayer List ~ Subscribe by writing to
[email protected] and
asking to join.
- PVL Mailing List ~ provides
support and information to parents of children with Periventricular
- Parenting with a Disability:
Bulletin board at ParentsPlace.com
- Rare Disorder
Boardlist ~ a resource to non-profit organizations or anyone wishing to
start a non-profit dealing with a rare genetic disorder. To subscribe,
address mail to [email protected] and send the command Subscribe
Syndrome Listserv ~ address email to [email protected] and put SUBSCRIBE RTS-LIST in
the subject line.
- Trisomy Listserv
- specpar ~ A list for
parents of multiples (twins, triplets,or more) where one or more of the
children has special needs.
- Special Needs Listservs: A Validated Listing ...
Back to Top
The links below will hopefully guide you to
what you need to live more independently.
- Adaptations by Adrian ~ a
non-profit group that makes clothes easier to get on
- eQuip For Life ~ offers free
classified ads for people buying or selling used disability equipment.
Supported by National Lottery Funding.
- www.plastic-pants.com ~ cloth diapers and plastic pants for children, youths,
- AMBUCS Amtryke ~
Information about an adaptive tricycle with hand and foot pedals.
- The Disability Equipment Register ~ Used equipment for people in the UK
- kidABILITY ~ clothing, books, daily living aides, toys, computer
products...over 1,000 products, shipping available now
- AirLifeLine ~ a national non-profit charitable organization of
private pilots who donate their time, skills, aircraft and fuel to fly
Flight ~ The mission of Angel Flight West
is to arrange free air transportation on private aircraft in response
to health care and other compelling human needs.
- Katie Beckett Program ~ "a
special eligibility process that allows certain children with long term
disabilities or complex medical needs, living at home with their
families, to obtain a Wisconsin Medical Assistance card."
Special Wish Foundation, Inc. ~ To
enhance the quality of life for those children/adolescents having a
life-threatening or terminal disorder by allowing their special wish to
The following are miscellaneous links that
many people find helpful.
- American Hyperlexia Association
- Canine Companions ~
"...provides highly trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities
and to professional caregivers providing pet assisted therapy."
for Independent Living, Berkeley: helping
people with disabilities live independently and become productive,
fully participating members of society
- Children's Resources Autism Special Education Help Center
- Coming Together Online Journal ~ Dedicated to the Inspirational, Humanitarian, and
Emotional Side of Disabilities
World Web: The central deaf point on the
- Disabilities ~ at World
Internet Directory. Lots of links to help find what you need on the
- The Disability Resource-Index
- Family Village: a global
community that integrates information, resources, and communication
opportunities on the Internet for persons with mental retardation and
other disabilities, their families, and those that provide them
services and supports
- Forgotten Kids Official WebPage
- Hidden Disabilities: a
personal story of appearances
- NICHCY: National Information Center for Children and Youth with
National Down Syndrome Society
National Institute for the Blind: United
- SABAH ~ Skating Association for the Blind and Handicapped
- Shadow Buddies
- The Facts About Tourette Syndrome
- Up The Ramp: The World Through One GIMP's Eyes ~ Reflections on the ADA
- UPSIDE! ~ an informal society of individuals, parents, and
friends involved with the world of Down Syndrome.
The following are links I and others have
found helpful for medical information and support.
These links are important for parents and
caregivers of children or adults with disabilities.
- Advocating for the Child ~
This page is dedicated to all of the parents and children who have to
fight for what others take for granted....a free and appropriate
- Educational Problems: It's the Kids' Fault ~ an article summarizing a survey of school
psychologists at LDOnline
- Homeschool Support on the Internet
- Inclusion Press ~ "a small independent press striving to
produce readable, accessible, user-friendly books and resources about
full inclusion in school, work, and community."
- Jillene Hebert's Disabilities Resource Page: for educators and parents
TOGETHER, INC's. inclusion for children
- LD OnLine ~ learning
disabilities resources for parents, teachers and children
- NEC*TAS ~ National Early Childhood Technical Assistance System
- NICHCY's Office of Special Education Programs IDEA 97
Center ~ Parent Advocacy Coalition for
(Parent Education Project) of Wisconsin ~
provides parents of children with special education needs with
information, workshops, training, a phone hotline, and a lending
Special Ed Advocate
- Understanding Special Education Calendar of Events ~ online conferences
Department of Public Instruction
Back to Top
Back to Top
I think Webrings are one of the
best ways to browse one particular subject. They send you from one
website to the next. No problems with search engines.
Back to Top