Leslie's Page of Gratitude
I would like to formally thank the following
people and organizations for their help, support, friendship,
guidance, and generosity throughout the years. They have gotten
me and my kids through some tough times, and through some quite
pleasant times as well.
- Mr. Fred Brown, Swim Teacher in Sheboygan Falls
- Mary Barton, Grant/Iowa County Birth to Three Coordinator
- Jane Bradshaw, R.N., B.S.N., Lactation Consultant and La Leche League Leader in
- Meg Massie, birth coach for Zoe
- Kandi Wallace and Richland Center MUMS group
- Rhonda Pauls, Respite Provider
- REINS, Inc., Hippotherapy & Therapeutic Horseback Riding
Program, whose riding lessons helped Zoe learn to sit on her own.
- My neighbors, Josefina, Claudia, Cesar, and Beto
National Parent-to-Parent Network, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Sheboygan County Habitat for Humanity
- Nancy Drezdon, Kindergarten teacher, Elkhart Lake - Glenbeulah
Schools, for being so gentle and understanding with my son and my own
- Dianna Fitzgerald and the Lissencephaly Network
- Special Education Advisory Group, Elkhart Lake - Glenbeulah
- My brother's former bands, Clearer and Artificial
Red, for getting me out dancing, socializing, and even singing once
in a while!
- Steve LaFrombois, Rehab Technology Specialist, Options for
Independent Living, Green Bay, WI
- All the great teachers, aides, and therapists at Lightfoot
Elementary School (now Sheboygan Falls Elementary)
- Kathie Hausknecht, former Family Support Coordinator, Sheboygan
County Human Services
- Libby Gilbertson, SCH&HS
- VFW Women's Auxiliary for presenting Zoe with Spinoza and helping
fund Zoe's riding lessons.
- Courtney R., ZoŽ's respite provider and "big sister"
- Penney Johns, for showing me balance
- My friend and advisor, Denise Monique, who has helped me believe
- My cousin, Kim, for renewing the go-getter in me and cheering me on!
- My friend, Jules B.
- My friend, Brian J. Zinkle, who kindly pointed out his name was nowhere to be seen on this list, and who has given me support in the form of advice and technology for 20 years now!
- Jason R., who taught me to laugh again and reminded me what
beauty there is to behold in nature
- My friend, Marty B., who always has something positive to say
- My friend, Kathy M. from Limerick
- My friend, Donny A., for treating me kindly and loving Tool.
- My Love, Dejan S.
- My friend, Hege from Oslo, Norway
- My mom, who stroked my hair and made me feel safe
- All the school bus drivers who have ever transported Zoë,
for falling in love with her
nazara at geocities.com