My Autobiography

condensed version

Name: Marian, but most people call me Mary. Or "Mary, Mary Quite Contrary," "Median Mary," "Messy Mary," "Masha," "C'Mary Hanksom," "Murry," "Meredith," "Hairy Manx," "Mary had a little lamb," "Mary Lynn Manson," which I don't like, "Mary Lynn Monroe," which I also don't like, "Lynn Clearview," don't ask, "The ol' gray Mare," "Peaches," "Goose," or "Mare Bear."
Birthday: August 23, 1980
Family: I have two parents and an older brother and younger sister.
Pets: I had a wondeful kittycat named Smudge. She loved me, was neutral to my family and two best friends, and hated almost eveyone else. Notice the past tense. My poor little Smudgie is dead now, and I miss her more than I ever thought I would. Hopefully soon there will be a page, here, dedicated to her, since she was one of my best friends ever. She was with me through some of my worst and best moments, always quietly present, reminding me that I always had something soft and furry and warm to help me feel better. Thanks, Smudge, for more than 7 wonderful years! I miss you!
Languages: I speak English, but am currently studying Russian, in which I hope to be fairly fluent eventually. I've also studied Spanish off and on, have found I can sometimes read French, although I've only studied it for a few weeks, and have taken two semesters of German at college, which I took just for the heck of it and learned a lot from.
The Places I've been: I've travelled much of my life, on summer vacations and winter breaks. I love seeing new places. I've been to most of the States, especially the northern ones including Alaska (on a sailboat!); and Canada for a short while. I've been to Europe (Moscow) and Asia (Tyumen', Siberia and Vladimir). I love Russia! The people are wonderful. I definitely hope to go back sometime, maybe this summer on a mission trip. Donations are welcome.
Hobbies: Reading, writing, music, art, religion, theater, thinking, and hanging out with friends.
Favorites: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo, either "On My Own" from Les Miserables or "In My Life" by the Beatles, purple, Chopin, Norman Rockwell, espresso mocha latte, Racquetball, 7, Lilacs, Strawberries, and Alaska, to name a few.
Career plans: My current plan is to become a journalist, maybe PR, maybe magazine, maybe some hybrid. I'm not sure. I'd really kind of like to travel around and do cool stuff and then write about it, as well as organize my pictures yearbook-style and make everyone read it. I'm attending college this year and am majoring in journalism and Russian, which I hope to use in my future somehow.
Music: I play violin and piano, I love musicals and have many soundtracks, I love oldies, Andrew Lloyd Weber, showtunes, classical, rock, swing, world music, jazz, big band, and the Beatles.
Miscellaneous: I'm an optimistic cultured "nerd." What more can I say? :<}

Also, I'm a really good listener. If you have any problems, big or small, you can talk to me. Believe me, I've found out how much talking can affect your life. So don't be afraid to E-Mail me. I'll respond!

There's no place like Home!

Home|Poetry|Links|Quotes|Comfort|Photo Album|Religion|Good Things|About me|Tyumen, Russia|Vladimir, Russia
Writing|Art|Book Reviews|Comments|Other|Sign Guestbook|View Guestbook
[In a British accent] This page hosted by Get your own Free Home Page [End British accent.]
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws