CFLC Radio, Prescott, Ontario ~ One of Canada's First Radio Stations
The original station began operation on April 1, 1926 in the Prescott Town Hall. It had a power output of 50 watts. The station was managed by the Radio Association of Prescott. It continued operation there until August 21, 1942 when it was moved to Brockville. In December 1943, the call letters were changed to CFBR. On November 1, 1950 the call letters were changed again to CFJR for "Canadian Frequency Jack Radford". The station remains in operation today with the same call letters.