Glossary

From: John O'Regan
Date: Mon 12 Feb 2001 - 18:23:04 GMT

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Allan C. Weisbecker wrote:

Anyone have an opinion on that?

Dear Allan,

The problem is getting the word out there. I hope ISOC0 and CB 2ed will have your web address displayed in a prominent place. I will tell all my friends about http://www.aweisbecker.com/ and ask them to tell all their friends, etc. I'll also post to a few newsgroups.

I'm sure your site will receive more traffic once the books come out.

Another thing is the abysmal amount of Subscribers...

Anyone have an opinion?

I've an opinion on everything. An opionated Irishman? What a shock.

Hey -- most of you guys are not even subscribing! (I'm not aggravated, just mystified.)

To be honest, I didn't think you meant us. I thought us Old Fart Banditos wouldn't be eligible for the competition because we know too much and we're in direct contact with you blah-de-blah, rules and regulations, blah-de-blah terms and conditions apply. But I've rectified that oversight by signing up.

Also, the link to subscribe is stuck way down in the left-hand corner of the page. It doesn't exactly reach out and grab you. Get your web designer to make it more prominent (an eye-catching animated gif, perhaps).

I can't afford to keep dumping money into this if it's going to lose money. You all have been very helpful. Your further advice would be much appreciated.

As for your competition, a web surfer first has to go to Big Blue Magazine's home page to find out about it. There really should be a link to the competition on http://www.aweisbecker.com/ 's opening page. I know the CB page on Amazon gets a lot of hits. If you asked them (for a small fee, of course) to put a link to your site from there, I'd bet your traffic would increase dramatically.

But like I said, after the books have been launched, I don't think you'll have a problem attracting visitors,

yours,
John.

 top

Archive last generated by hypermail 2b29
on Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 15:46:33 GMT.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws