Glossary

From: John O'Regan
Date: Wed 02 Sep 1998 - 17:30:12 IST

Hello All,

I listed Cosmic Banditos by A. C. Weisbecker as one of my favourite books on my web page. Every now and then, I get e-mail from people telling me that it's one of their favourite books, too. The authors of these e-mails fall into two broad categories: those who have a copy and those who don't.

Of those in the first category, they tell me they used to have a copy, but a girlfriend/boyfriend took off with it when the relationship broke up, or that it mysteriously vanished, or that it was destroyed in a bizarre accident.

Invariably, they ask me if I have a copy for sale or know where one can be obtained. I feel sorry for people in this predicament. I myself had to scour the Web and Usenet until at last I found a second hand bookdealer in Toronto who sold me two copies (my brother snapped up the other one, before you ask).

People in the second category tell me they treasure the book so much that they won't let it out of the house, that they keep it under lock and key and won't lend it to anyone. Usually, these draconian precautions are as a result of bitter experiences.

All of these correspondances has brought me to the conclusion that there is a sufficiently large body of Cosmic Banditos fans out there to justify the creation of a mailing list. I would like to see it become a forum for people to talk about the book and its enigmatic author. And hopefully, people who have copies to dispose of will come here to get in contact with people prepared to buy.

Forgive my presumption, but I've trawled the Internet and Usenet and compiled a list of thirty or so e-mail addresses to prime the list. If you do not wish to be on the list, write to me and I will remove you. Alternatively, send an e-mail to [deleted] with the following instruction in the body:

[deleted]

On the other hand, if you want to post a message to the list, send an e-mail to:

[deleted]

All messages are archived and access to the file containing the list of subscribers is prohibited. For more information on available list server commands, send an e-mail to [deleted] with HELP in the body,

yours sincerely,
John O'Regan.

 top

Archive last generated by hypermail 2b29
on Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 15:46:30 GMT.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws