Main Page
Religion
Education
Business
Where To Eat
Where To Stay
History
Industry
Links
Contact Us

Please be patient till all graphics and music fully load.

CLICK ON THE PICTURE IF YOU WANT TO ENLARGE IT


Here are some even more pictures from our past.


Picture taken in 1906 by Luther Harpel of the intersection of Main and Locust Streets. To the left can be seen the steeple of the German Reformed Church and the U.S. Hotel. To the right is Friedens Lutheran Church which is the oldest church in the borough of Myerstown.
View taken 40 years later. Elllsworth Barry's store is to the right behind the treesand the steeple to Friedens Lutheran Church. The U.S. Hotel can be seen to the left.
Picture taken from the cupola of the main building of Albright College in 1909. The Bahney House can be seen in the upper left. The Zion United Brethern Church in near the center and the Liebowitz Shirt Factory to the right. Exactly in the center is the Keystone Hook and Ladder Fire Company.
Albright College's main building taken in 1918.
In this 1939 photo, the Pennsylvania State Police can be seen training. The state police academy was at the site of the former Albright College campus during the late 1930's and early 1940's before it moved to Hershey. PA.
The faculty and students of the Myerstown Grammer School pose for this picture in 1908. Locally known as the "Hill School", it served as an elementary school until 1963. It was located at College Street and Lincoln Avenue. The school was demolished in 1969 and the Whitmoyer Community Library was built on this site.


(Submited by Michelle Ebling)
Circa of photo unknown. William Martin tailor shop located at 54 Main Avenue.
Post Office when it was located at 56 Main Avenue. Circa of photo unknown.
(Submitted by Michelle Ebling)


(Submited by Michelle Ebling)
Myerstown Bank & Trust when it was at the southeast corner of Main and College Streets. Circa of photo unknown.

OR RETURN TO


Return To Main Page

1
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws
GridHoster Web Hosting