You can find the brush strokes used in this picture from:
Rebellious Brushes
Pretty Brush
PureAnodyne ___digital wonderland
http://annikavonholdt.com/
and a texture by:
. ... t. Ex...t.U .ra. .. ...

 

This is written for the Dogtags List Halloween Challenge.

These were the requirements:

Challenge length:
At least 500 words.

Challenge Must Haves: At least two of these must be in the story.

A ghost (of course)
A dead body.(What would Halloween be without a dead body?)
One far fetched theory of your choice. Example: Dancing MnM's (blue MnM’s anyone? Lol)
At least two costumed figures.
A large house, either creepy or normal. The choice is yours.

Challenge Quotes: One or more must be incorporated into the story.

"I do not believe in ghosts."
"If anything flies about the room I am out of here!"
"Mummy? Whose mummy?"
"No thank you. I had eyeballs and brains for lunch."

Challenge Deadline:
Halloween, October 31st.


Prologue:

The house at the top of the hill

"Millicent Gertrude Andrews! How dare you bring people here without telling me!" Katie Belle all but screeched at her ghostly counterpart.

"I didn’t bring anyone here and you know it," Millie huffed. "They’re coming all on their own. You know I don’t have the power to summon anyone. This happens every year, and you’ve haunted this house with me for the past 60 years. One would think you’d know me a little bit better by now. Now, are you going to help me get ready for them or not?" Millie asked, hands on her translucent hips, her tapping foot not making a sound on the hard wood floor.

"It’s just...well, every year a couple ends up on our doorstep on Halloween, and every year something happens to mess up everything. The pressure is just more than I can take anymore," Katie Belle Baker dropped on the duvet dramatically, complete with arm thrown across her brow.

"Oh hush, you old drama queen. This year is going to be different. This year, it’s going to be perfect," Millie spoke while walking across the room , turning on lights with a wave of her hand.

Katie Belle sat up straight. "Oh really? And just what makes you so sure about this year?"

"Because, my dear friend, this year we’re going to draw out the big guns. We’ve been going about this business all wrong," she began explaining as by magic, the room began to right itself. Cobwebs melted away, dust vanished. The room sprang to life in all of its former glory, and Millie turned to her friend. "This year, we’re going to stick to what we know will work best."

Katie Belle gasped. "You don’t really mean..."

"Oh, but I do. We’ve been trying to make them all fall in love in one night. This time...this time will be all about fire and passion and...seduction," Millie winked at her.

Excited for the first time in 60 years, Katie Belle jumped up and clasped her hands, literally floating over to the old Victrola by the window. "Oooh, you know, I think you just might be right. And I’ve got just the thing to set the mood. They’ll never know what hit them!"

Both women giggled with impish delight as the rest of the house began changing around them.

Continue to Part 1

Back to Fanfictions

© once upon a rose garden 2003
Disclaimer: JAG and its characters are the property of Paramount Pictures, Viacom, CBS, Belisarius Productions, and Donald P. Bellisario. This site is not intended to violate any copyrights they have and is not intended for profit in any way, shape or form. It is meant to be a respectful tribute to the show and its characters and actors.
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1