|| History of Establishment | Indroduction || Objectives | Programmes | Research and monitoring of Natural condition |
||Blackbuck-The most endangered wildlife|| Photo gallary||
(APEC-NEPAL), has been handling various programmes with its own resources as well as with the help of various INGOs i.e. IUCN, WWF ect.
Programmes:To meet the objectives this Association has been conducting different programmes from its inception. These are as follows;
1) Regular natural forestry monitoring program started since 1987 in eastern Nepal and this program is continuing to date. However due to the lack of essential funding scientific publication of information is being lacking.
2) Wetland conservation programme started since January 1988 in Koshi Tappu Wetland area by providing the education programmes, meetings, talks, and other programmes about the importance of wetland and wetland species in the surroundings villages and schools. This programme is still running by covering 9 district's wetland and watershed areas of eastern Nepal.
3) Plantation programmes started since April 1988 in Koshi Tappu area and Biratnagar Municipality as well as other areas of Morang and Sunsari districts in the hope of creating the green belt and thus preserving Bio-diversity in the Natural forest.
In this respect three major Nurseries with the capacity of 2,000,000 seedlings and other three small nurseries with the capacity of 100,000 seedlings each have been established and running to date.
4) Reports of detailed field studies on environment, wetland areas of Singiya river and other watershed areas as well as various aspects of City area have been presented to the Biratnagar Municipality on 1991 and 1992 respectively and this work is going on continuously.
5) Detailed study about the wetland species wild water buffaloes and other wild animals in wetland area Koshi Tappu have been carried out and report have submitted to the HMG-Nepal; Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation, Kathmandu on 1993 this types of research is going on.
6) A study of wildlife and forest areas in eastern Tarai have conducted, the report was presented on November 1994.
7) Since its inception various education programmes are being conducted and aimed at lower literacy groups i.e. female, adult population and families on environment, wetland, wildlife, forest and family planning, AIDs etc. in the rural villages and adjoining areas of wetland and forest in Sunsari, Saptari, Udhayapur, Morang, Jhapa, Dhankuta, Terahthum, Taplejung, Panchthar and other districts of eastern Nepal.
In addition these wildlife, forest and wetland conservation education are being conducted at 52 higher secondary schools and 14 campuses under the Tribhuwan University, Nepal.
8) Talk programmes, seminars, environment/ wildlife/ wetland conservation training and other many programmes have been conducted in the eastern Nepal for the soil, water, forest and wildlife conservation. With the view to generate women participation in conservation of biological resources women awareness programmes were organising every year Morang and Sunsari districts from 1993.
9) For the cultural up-liftment of indigenous community four studies have carried out about the Magar and Jhangar on 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994, 1995.
10) Video, Audio, Drama, Song and Dance and other programmes are also being conducting from its inception for the motivation of people in the field of wetland, forest, wildlife and environment conservation.
11) Various projects are also being carried out to protect and conserve the Koshi Tappu wetland area, which is very rich in wild species with the help of WWF Nepal Programme, IUCN, MAB/UNESCO and Ministry of Forest Nepal.
This Association has started many other programmes i.e. bird protection Gangetic river Dolphin and crocodile protection education and other educational programmes with the co-operation of WWF Nepal.
APEC is also co-ordination to establish APEC ECO Clubs in various schools in various part of Nepal. In this connection 72 schools have already established clubs. APEC has its own Eco club newsletter, which is publishing bimonthly in Nepali language and it, intends to publish in English issues also.
Besides these APEC plans to act in Eastern Nepal in consultation and co-ordination with the International Non-Governmental organisations, Foreign Governments, HMG Nepal and conduct awareness programmes and action plan on:
a. Environmental system monitoring and analysis
b. Wildlife population census on whole country,
c. Human population stabilisation,
d. Rural industrialisation/ intensive agriculture,
e. Re-vegetation including generation of fuel crops/ trees,
g. Recycling of wastage,
h. Regular environment, wetland and wildlife education to the whole nation,
i. Community development/ people participation in various aspects; and,
j. Consumer co-operative movement.
Though, this Association has no economic resources to conduct the programmes, however the programmes are being running with the hope of generous support of the concerned agencies and individuals.
|| History of Establishment| Indroduction || Objectives | Programmes |Research and monitoring of Natural ondition|| ||Blackbuck-The most endangered wildlife|| Photo gallary||