Glossary

From: Malcolm Dick
Date: Tue 05 Oct 1999 - 17:02:56 IST

Dear Allan,

I read Cosmic Banditos about 6 years ago - I seem to remember that there was a masterly use of the comedy explosion and that it was one of the finest and funniest books that I have ever read. Oh - and one other thing - tree-top level is an important concept. Which, of course, it is.

At the time I did spend an hour photocopying the book which, although illegal, was fully justifiable as the book was no longer in print. If you take retrospective objection to this I can, of course, put you in touch with my lawyers. In any case, I have lost the photocopy and any court case would be my word against yours and the legal profession would turn out to be the only winners.

I borrowed the book from a trusting friend (who will no doubt also be sending his greetings) which was in a perpetual transition state between being lost and found and had the habit or turning up unannounced in locked drawers. Which begs the question as to whether the book itself is a quantum type thing

(technical term) and whether there is some sort of communication between all existing copies of the book or whether, indeed, there is only one existing copy shared amongst all owners.

In any case, there is a massive potential audience for the book and I would urge any publishers who are showing interest to dive straight in because they are bound to make large amounts of money which is a great motivating factor in anybody's book... as it were.

As an alternative strategy - why not publish the text of the book or selected extracts on the web - those of us who know can then introduce those who do not to the wonders of the Bandito Community. Indeed - there is a large enough community out there to each type in and submit one chapter so you would have little work to do other than to give the green light. The resulting tsunami of public opinion would then become overwhelming.

Aye Thangyou,

:bM

PS: I am distressed to find out that you are a real person and that the book itself did not spring spontaneously into existence.

 top

Archive last generated by hypermail 2b29
on Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 15:46:31 GMT.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws