Topical Association (ATA),
"The ATA offers for sale 61 topical handbooks authored by ATA members; 45 of the titles are included in the free offering to (USA)
philatelic libraries. They include handbooks on such popular topics as Birds, Railroads, Watercraft, Space, Sports, and various Americana-related topics as Lincoln, Roosevelts, Statue of Liberty and the Bicentennial." (c.2010)
ATA-New York Chapter ,
British Thematic Association,
Themabelga® - Zwevegem,
"Friendship thru Thematics"
This organization serves collectors of thematic philately
(or topicals). Themabelga® has members in all states of the World.
(a great set of links & articles - aj c.2003)
Brazilian Association of Thematic Philately (ABRAFITE)
Abrafite - Associação Brasileira de Filatelia Temática
Caixa Postal 2783, CEP 01060-970, São Paulo - SP
Association Française de Philatélie
aka: French Topical Philately Assoc. (AFPT)
eGroups on Topical Stamps
"Promotion and Sale of Topical Stamps all categories. No see my ebay listings allowed. Dealers and collectors are urged to join."
Topical Stamps Club
- hosted at Yahoo! by Victor Manta, Pres. of the PWO
Topical Index : Topical Societies..1,
AskPhil's Topical & Specialty Organizations Search Engine !!
Provides Snail-Mail and web contacts if known.
A Great Tool! aj.
Also hosts the UPU
Directory of Illegal Stamp Notices
Topical cross-reference (of bogus names)
Stamps We Should Resist,
by Mr. Bengt Bengtsson (c.2011)
Mr. Bengtsson, a philatelic judge from Sweden, had the idea to help stamp
collectors by making a classification of undesirable stamps. "Into a first category he
assembled the stamps that, in his opinion, should not appear in collections presented at
philatelic exhibitions..." (a presentation of the
Philatelic Webmasters Organization
[PWO]) (c.2001, 2008, 2014 . . .)
- Formerly: Association of Philatelic Web Publishers (APWP)
(www.values.ch/apwp.htm) hosted by Victor Manta
Fran Adams' Timbuktu - A topical trader.
- Fran Adams (I think she's down for the count - aj. c.2011)
San Diego, CA
- AB Philea's 'Special Motive' topical search engine
- "... a database with approximately 30,000 different stamps .. Querry for all
types of animals, names of prominent persons like artists, all types of
sports and much more."
PHILNET.FR Achats On-Line, paiement sécurisé - English page.
- Canada, Qubec, Mortreal : www.topicstamps.com
- extensive topical listings - aj. (c.2011)
- In France, : Loïc Marchat's Topical Philately ; postmarks, cachets and covers
- alt: http://postmarks.tripod.com, [email protected]
- & on: eBay: ID: topical-covers-and-kiloware
- "An original, very cheap and indispensable way
to complete your topical stamps collection!
95% of my items are under 5 euros, and 100% on cover." (via eBay, "US dollar accepted at the current rate.")(c.2011)
In Switzerland : Groth : WWF, UNICEF ; collectables - German/English (Wholesale only)
- c.2011: forwards to : http://www.wwfstamp.com/
U.K., Herts, Letchworth: Philatelic Supplies for Topical and Thematic Stamps ('404' c.2011)
U.K., Notts, Eastwood NG16 2WZ : Justwendy Themes ('404' c.2011)
- alt URL (good c.2011)
- aka: JustWendy Thematic Stamps,
- PO Box 5886 | Nottingham | NG16 2WZ | UK
U.S., CA, Vacaville : Coolstamps.com
- Featuring(ed) : The 'Marilyn 2000' topical search engine
- [email protected]?subject=Question about your stamps at Stamp-Search
U.S., CA, Vacaville : Stamp-Search.com : 10,000 Stamp Search with Images - Search from thousands of Topical Postage Stamps you can VIEW (c.2011)
- [email protected]?subject=Question about your stamps at Stamp-Search
- US, CA, Yermo: Patrick D. Paxton: stamp collecting animals birds butterflies marine life world wildlife fund. ('404' c.2011)
- U.S., NC, Carrboro: Stamps By Themes
- one of the best. (c.2011)
U.S., SC, Charleston : Albany Stamp Co. ; Steve Radin: "French Colonies, French Polynesia, St Pierre, FSAT, Worldwide Topical Stamps"
- PO Box 30398 • Charleston, South Carolina 29417-0398, USA
- @-Mail (and Comments), Voice: 843-766-6396 (c.2011)
STAMPS GALLERY. heavy on topicals (c.2011)
Pacific Wholesale Stamp Co. Ltd. - Stamp Odyssey Stamp Album - Stampazonia Publishing - Collectors Stamp Packets ('404' c.2011)
Terraphila's Topical postal stationery ('404' c.2011)
Collector's Connection : 'Topics of the World' - about 150 different topics handled by your want-lists - Danbury, CT ('404' c.2011)
- also: 'Germany and Related Areas'
See Also: Dealers : Topical Index (here)
APS Affiliates (Specialty Societies); a search engine (c.2011)
Topical On Stamps by Sarah - (661) 832-5437
- An index of ATA units and stamp topics plus++
She's about as industirous as you get! - aj.
James O'Brien's excellent links to topical related sites (c.2011: does have a
- oldish (1998; cc) - Now '404' a/o 2/2001 (if you modify the URL by elimination of the filename he has/had a nice stamp shop :
- The Collectors' Shop
- Blackrock Market, 19a Main Street,
- Blackrock, Co Dublin, Ireland
- Tel : +44 (0) 1932 - 842 195,
- Saturday : 11am--5.30pm
- Sunday : 12 noon--5.30pm
- Bank Holiday Mondays : 11am--5.30pm
- "We buy and sell stamps, postal stationery, postal history, picture postcards, and a host of other collectibles, including prints, maps and other printed ephemera."
- but the original list was interesting... (cc)
The Virtual Stamp Club for Topical Philatelists Around the World
Indexes the ATA's checklists and links to several online ATA articles and other resources.:
- Online Study Units
- Topical Philatelic Literature on the Web
- Topical Exhibits
- Topics Available as Checklists from ATA
- A Resource Guide and Philatelic Publications
Meekel's & Stamps (aka: Stamp News Now)
- &: U.S. Stamp News (& handbooks & stamps)
- aka: Philatelic Communications Corp.
- aka: Metropolitan Expositions LLC, @ (Stamp Shows)
- aka: John & Elaine Dunn, @
They formerly held the 'Stamp Collecting News' url but had to change when the Russian owners began to make use of it.
American Ceremony Program Society. (ACPS, Inc) (URL)
For collectors of First Day and Other Day Ceremony Programs. Dues are $15 per year ($40 for 3 years). Six issues per year of the Ceremonial journal. Annual convention. For further information and application
contact ACPS Chapter Representative, Mrs. Monte Eiserman,
14359 Chadbourne, Houston, TX 77079-6611,
British Philatelic Bulletin, British Post Office’s monthly magazine. Includes
news, articles, prize competition, etc. Full color. Free sample from British
Philatelic Bulletin, Royal Mail, 22 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1NL, UK
Annual subscription £13.50 to British Philatelic Bureau, 20 Brandon St.,
Edinburgh EH3 5TT, Scotland.
British Postmark Bulletin, British Post Office’s magazine for postmark collectors. Information on forthcoming postmarks, every two weeks. Free
sample from British Postmark Bulletin, 22 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1NL, UK.
Annual subscription £21.75 to British Philatelic Bureau, 20 Brandon, St.,
Edinburgh EH3 5TT, Scotland.
California Revenuers. Revenue (Back of book or out in the book) collectors who have banded together for mutual enjoyment. The Cal Rev ‘R’ journal published 3 to 4 times a year. Sample for $1, (plus club data). Dues: $10 per year.
Information: Send SASE to Jerry Lurie, P.O. Box 5593, Concord, GA
Capital City Philatelic Society. For collectors of stamps, covers, postcards.
Quarterly newsletter. Information for SASE. Sample copy free. Contact Frank J.
Schatt, Secretary, Cap. City Phil. Society, 512 Ellencroft Road, Lewisberry, PA.
Errors, Freaks and Oddities Collectors Club (EFOCC).
- Publication: The EFO Collector
An international group for collectors of EFOs; quarterly
journal with mail auctions. Dues $16. Information for SASE. Sample journal $3.
Contact CWO Jim McDevitt, 138 Lakemont Drive, Kingsland, GA 31548.
(International Philippines Philatelic Society) for collectors of Philippines philatelic material).
Contact: Bob Yacano, PO Box 94, Eden, NY 14057
MPPC: Mailer’s Postmark Permit Club.
200 members. Promotes interest in collecting and use of mailer’s
postmarks. 8 page guide to obtain a postmark permit available for $2.
Sample copy of bi-monthly Permit Patter for $1.50. Regular dues $7,
Assoc. $3. Contact MPPC, PO Box 3, Portland, TN 37148,
E-mail [email protected]
The Metro Chapter of the Souvenir Card Collectors Society:
Brings together NY metropolitian area collectors of souvenir cards and
related materials of government and private security printers.
Quarterly newsletter. Meetings at NYC and NJ stamp
shows. For information contact
Michael Padwee, 453 14th Street, Brookyln, NY 11215.
Mexico Elmhurst Philatelic Society International. For collectors
of the stamps of Mexico. Membership applications on request. Sample of Mexicana journal for $1 postage.
Contact Mepsi Treasurer, 7 Ironwood, Irvine, CA 92714. (old?; see 'MESPI' link)
Mexico-Elmhurst Philatelic Society Int'l - Los Angeles Chapter.
Meets the second Wednesday of each month at
Occidental College, Johnson Hall, Room 105 beginning 7:30 PM. Visitors welcome. 45 members - Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura Counties. Publishes Mexicana journal and monthly newsletter.
Contact: Juan Diaz, 3302 E. Virginia Ave.,
West Covina, CA 91791, (818) 967-5912.
Military Postal History Society publishes original articles on military
philately. Dues $15 per year in the USA and $23 overseas.
APO Handbook $30.00. For information contact:
Robert T. Kinsley, 5410 Fern Loop, West Richland, WA 99353. ; outdated 6/2; follow link
Web site: www.homepage.mac.com/mphs. ; "No DNS" 12/1 (see 'MPHS" link)
National Duck Stamp Collectors Society (NSDCS). Quarterly publication Duck Tracks. Dues $20 a year for regular membership. Charter-Life and Life available. For information, an application and sample journal send your mailing address to
NDSCS Information: PO Box 43, Harleysville, PA 19438-0043
South Seas Correspondence Club, for collectors and pen pals seeking worldwide connections.
Biannual journal. Dues £3 (U.S. $6) by check payable to:
L.K. Stoddart, Box 38, Alaminos, Pangasinan 2404, Philippines.
Ukrainian Philatelic & Numismatic Society, Int’l
- Bi-monthly newsletter and annual journal, expertizing service, chapters, convention, programs, awards. For information and application,
send SASE to UPNS, PO Box 11184, Chicago, IL 60611
Windmill Study Unit, a unit of
ATA. Quarterly publications for study of windmills on stamps, with articles and forthcoming new issues. Dues $12.00 per year.
Contact: Orville L. Tysseling, 6125 Teagarden Circle, Dayton, 45449-3013
Writers Unit (#30 of the
APS.) For authors, editors, publishers and anyone interested in philatelic literature. Dues $15 for U.S. members; quarterly journal.
George B. Griffenhagen, Sec./Treas., 2501 Drexel St., Vienna, VA 22180-6906