[ Español ]
WinModelines is a Windows tool to tune the video signal generated
by your computer video card.
It allows you to adjust line and frame frequency for special monitors or televisions,
picture borders in case they cannot be set in your monitor,
and create custom resolutions for optimal video and game playback.
WinModelines can be used:
- starting from scratch, it has a Modeline editor that allows you to
create new modes from specified device, resolution and border size
- if you already have some useful modelines you can just copy, paste and
set them easily. You can find useful modelines in
Useful modelines tutorial
or other sources on the web.
For WinModelines to work it must support your video driver:
- ATI: Catalyst drivers, all versions supported. Some Pre-Catalyst
drivers also work.
- NVidia: ForceWare drivers supported starting in version 61.x. I
recommend to use 66.x or newer.
- Intel: GMA900 and later models.
- Matrox: driver version 5.33 or 5.82.
- 3Dfx: version 3 or newer.
- ArcadeVGA: Catalyst version 4.3.
- 1.9: May 2015
- fixed support for Intel graphics drivers on Windows XP
- redesigned the mode tester
- added the monitor name in the display lists
- added button to open the driver configuration in regedit
- 1.8: December 2014
- added support for Intel graphics drivers
- fixed compatibility issues in Windows Vista / 7
- added option to reboot the computer after saving changes
- added message when the program is closed and there are unsaved changes
- improved compatibility with ATI drivers
- 1.7: September 2011
- fixed black screens after using WinModelines on some ATI cards
- fixed compatibility issues in Windows Vista / 7 with UAC enabled
- added command line option to backup registry settings to file
- minor improvements and bug fixes
- 1.6: March 2010
- support for virtual resolutions in ATI and NVidia drivers
- 1.5: April 2009
- modeline editor redesigned for easier use and better features.
It will guess the device that a mode belongs to and
calculate its original borders. It will also hide advanced
settings that could cause confusion.
- settings "Show advanced settings", "Exact refresh" and
"Even lines" kept on program exit.
- added command line parameters support.
This allows the automation of mode insertion and test.
- added a quick guide.
- icon redesigned.
- 1.4: January 2009
- added a button to store registry settings to a file
- better handling of polarities for ATI drivers
- improvements in the mode generator
- 1.3: July 2008
- multimonitor support in the mode tester (Calamity)
- fixed a bug listing "Other" entries (SailorSat)
- some improvements in the modeline generator
- support for "doublescan" in the generator
- fixed restoration of previous mode under Windows 98/Me
- 1.2: February 2008
- ArcadeVGA support (Calamity)
- implemented a modeline generator
- 1.1: December 2007
- fixed a problem adding more than 20 modes in ATI driver
- improved modeline parser: now it will accept spaces between
parameters and report incorrect options
- added a mode tester
- added option to toggle "Tiling" in ATI drivers
- fixed some presentation problems using big fonts
- 1.0: June 2007
Many thanks go to:
- Calamity: great investigation work
- Archibael: Intel driver investigation
- SailorSat: to report some bugs
- Fast Icon: design base for WinModelines icon
- Myself: to create and maintain this project
WinModelines is a program designed and programmed by Jeroni Paul
and is freely distributed under the GPL licence.
You can read the terms of this licence here:
Project completed on June 2007 by Jeroni Paul.
Copyright © 2007 Jeroni Paul.
Back to main page