Glossary

From: Christian Correa
Date: Thu 01 Oct 1998 - 17:42:06 IST

Here's my take on why CB is so great. The philosophy. The story is hilarious, and that's what hooks you at first. I had never seen a character quite like Robert before, and the whole Bandito sub-culture was fascinating. The chaos, the anarchy, these things get you to read. But the reason some of us read it five times, and

_must_ own a copy is because the chaotic action covers some well-reasoned philosophy. The point is two pronged - the physics builds the rational case for chaos, while the story itself provides a different "argument", concluding with my favorite passage in the book, the one beginnning "I am still a student of the cosmos...".

I think that's why I love the book.

 top

Archive last generated by hypermail 2b29
on Fri 16 Mar 2001 - 15:46:30 GMT.

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws