The Romanian Royal Army
DIVIZIA 1 BLINDATĂ INSTRUCTIE (D.1 B.I.)
The 1st Training Armoured Division
23.8-5.9.44: Col. Oto Benedict.
Reg.2 Care de Luptă|
Reg.3 Vânători Moto (Instructie)
Reg.4 Vânători Moto
ASSIGNMENT TO HIGHER UNITS.
DEPLOYMENT AREA / OPERATIONAL PERIOD.
- formed in Târgoviste ? (Armed Forces Organization Law / 28.10.1943).
- 23.8.44: grouped along the Dâmbovita river, NW of Bucharest.
- 24-31.8.44: in action against the German forces in Băneasa, Otopeni area (with 2 batallions of Reg.2 C.L.), Floresti, Băicoi, Târgsor (with a detachement of Reg.2 C.L.), Ploiesti (with a company of Reg.2 C.L.), Moreni (with 3 companies of recruits from Reg.3 and 4 Vân.Moto), Mogosoaia, S of Ploiesti (with a motorised rifle batallion).
- 1.9-10.10.44: The Reg.4 Vân.Moto HQ's with 2 batallions actioned in Transylvania, in the frames of Detasamentul ‘general Niculescu’.
- 11.44: disbanded. (Instructiuni 70200 / 1.11.44).
OPM Number: -
Home | Campaigns | Glossary | Miscellaneous | Links
Higher HQs | Infantry | Mountain | Cavalry | Artillery | Armoured | Engineers | Frontier-Guards | Gendarmes
Air Force | Navy | Logistics
© Grecu Dan-Simion 2000