's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links HONG KONG
(Special administrative region of China as of 1 July 1997)
Hong Kong Post Stamps
PO Box 80060
Cheung Sha Wan Post Office
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Email: [email protected]
- Hong Kong -
- was ceded to Britain in 1842. New territories were leased to Britain in 1898. The area was occupied by the Japanese during World War II. On July 1, 1997 it became a Special Administrative Unit of the People's Republic of China.
Postage stamps have been issued since 1862.
Harbour Building Post Office
1/F, 38 Pier Road, Central, Hong Kong
(this may have been during the British era but may still be good...)
note: Linn's lists the above and: Agency:
Box 378, Malverne, NY 11565
and I find Crown Agents (outside US only?) - see below
- Hong Kong (special administrative region of China) / Xianggang Tebie Xingzhengqu - long
- Current issues: Pursuant to the agreement signed by China and the UK on 19 December 1984, Hong Kong became a special administrative region of China on 1 July 1997. Under the terms of this agreement, China has promised that Hong Kong shall enjoy a high degree of autonomy in all matters except foreign and defense affairs.
Location: Eastern Asia, bordering the South China Sea and China
National holiday: National Day, 1-2 October
note: 1 July 1997 is celebrated as Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day
Hong Kong 2001 Stamp Exhibition ; Theme: "Nature" ; 1 - 5 Feb., 2001
- Following the overwhelming success of "HONG KONG '97" International Stamp Exhibition, "HONG KONG 2001" is another big stamp show to be held in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong - FIP DATA
- The Hong Kong Philatelic Society
G.P.O. Box 446, Hong Kong
- Crown Agents Stamp Bureau - "ask for details"
- Crown Agents Stamp Bureau
Old Inn House
2 Carshalton Road
Surrey SM1 4RN, UK
Tel: +44 (0)181 770 0707, Fax: +44 (0)181 642 0769, Telex: 916205 Calond G
Email: [email protected]
- Hong Kong Stamp History by Danny Ko
- The Hong Kong stamp history starts when the first set of definitive stamps were released in 1862. ... by Danny Ko
email: [email protected]
- Danny Ko's Stamp Book in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Stamp and Numismatic Society
- 集郵學會--首頁 (HKBU - The Philatelic Association , Hong Kong Baptist University) - mostly Chinese
- Good links page; has English - mouse over and look for ../others/
see also: graphic /stamps/china/hkbulogo.gif
- HKUST Philatelic and Numismatic Society (Hong Kong)
- The Philatelic and Numismatic Society of Hong Kong
- * A Hong Kong Stamp Gallery (interesting technology)
Catalogs and Albums
- Hong Kong Stamp Catalogue of 1990- ; from China's Postal Authority; Philatelic Div.
- Hong Kong - Download Album Pages: - $5 a year for all the countries you can eat!
- Free Album Pages? This site is sort of like "shareware" software.
- Hong Kong Issues of 1862 - 1900
- Hong Kong catalog to 9/88 - APS's WPID data is in ASCII comma delimited format (now '404')
- ...The data can be imported into a database program such as Access, Approach, dBase, Foxpro, Paradox etc...
Also the data has not been updated in a number of years...- others are needed to continue this task.
ftp sites for the WPID data:
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/doc/mail/stamps/wpid/ ; use this one!
To enter new information contact the co-ordinator J. M. Myerson ([email protected])
or e-mail: [email protected]
Postal Authority, Societies, Clubs, Museums
- >Hong Kong Post - postal authority
- Hong Kong, PRC - Stamp Shows.com Calendar
additional p.a. data inside
- NEW! HongKong Post Shopping Mall : www.shopping.hongkongpoststamps.com: buy stamps, philatelic products , souvenirs online.Click on the flag for the philatelic site. Images and details of recent stamp issues , subscription details , plus a downloadable philatelic screensaver ! - from Fabio
- Hongkong Post Stamps
- HK Postage Rates & Services
- Postage rates
- Hong Kong
- As of July 1st 1997, Hong Kong officially became part of People Republic of China, the postal system is now under control of Hong Kong local government. They are now issuing postage stamps of their own. My catalogue list cross-referenced with Scott# and Yang#. I am still working on the stamp images of Hong Kong.
Ben Sheng, [email protected]
- Hong Kong SAR : Recreation and Sports
- 香港安利搜尋引擎: Recreation and Sports : Hobbies : Philately
- 香港安利搜索器 - HKOnly Search Engine
- See Also: CHINA ------------------>>
HK Clubs Hong Kong Dealers Directory Entities 'H' Menu © AJ Ward