This Law has opened in a separate window
so that you can study it simultaneously with other documents.
To search for a word, use the "find" function in the Edit Menu at the top of your browser.
To close or minimalize this page, click in the appropriate box in the upper right corner.
Israel Military Order No. 892 Concerning
Administration of Local Councils
By virtue of my powers as the Area Commander and my other Powers according to any law or security legislation, I hereby order as follows:
- Title & Definition
In this Order:
1. 'Local Council' - Any council of the settlements mentioned in the schedule to this order (hereinafter the Schedule) which is called by the name mentioned in the schedule the area of which has been delineated by black in the map signed by the Area Commander.
- Administration of Local Councils
- (a) The administration of local councils shall be in accordance with the rules determined by the Area Commander in a regulation (hereafter the Regulation).
- (b) The Area Commander is hereby empowered to establish a Municipal Court concerned with the affairs of the Municipal Council for the proper administration of the Local Council. The jurisdiction of the Municipal Court, the law that it shall enforce, the manner in which it shall be constituted and any other matter necessary for the proper operation of the court shall be determined by regulation.
- Alteration of Schedule and Map
3. The Area Commander may alter through a regulation the number of settlements mentioned in the schedule or the borders of the local council appearing in the map mentioned in Article 1.
- Depositing of Map
4. A copy of the map of every Municipal Council shall be deposited in the offices of the Council and the map of all the councils shall be deposited in the office of the Area Commander where they can be inspected by whoever is interested.
- Presentation of Laws
5. This order and the regulations made by virtue of it shall not derogate from any law or security legislation unless it is so mentioned explicitly in the order or the regulations.
- Publication of Regulation
6. The regulation shall be published in the manner in which the Area Commander shall determine.
7. The following orders are hereby revoked:
- (1) Order Regarding the Administration of Kiryat Arba (Judea and Samaria) No. 561 of 1974 and the Kiryat Arba Regulations 1974.
- (2) Order Regarding the Administration of Ma'alah Adomim (Judea and Samaria) No. 783 of 1979 and the Ma'alah Adomim Regulations 1979.
- Amendment of Order Regarding Administration of Regional Councils
8. In the schedule of the order regarding Regional Councils (Judea and Samaria) No. 783 of 1979,
- (1) In the list of settlements belonging to the Regional Council Bikaat Hayardin, the Ma'aleh Efraim shall be struck out.
- (2) In the list of settlements belonging to the Shomron Regional Counci, 1 El Kana and Ariel shall be struck out.
9. This order shall commence on the date that it is signed.
10. This order shall be entitled order regarding the Administration of Regional Councils (Judea and Samaria) (Order No. 892) 5741 - 1981
Dated: 1 March 1980
Signed: Tat Aluf Benyanun Ben Eliazer, Area Commander of Judea and Samaria.
Return: to the TOP of this Military Order.
SOURCE: Shehadeh, Raja. "From Occupation to Interim Accords:
Israel and the Palestinian Territories". Kluwer Law International, Boston,
MA (1997), p. 251-3.
(c) Israel Law Resource Center, February, 2007.