This Law has opened in a separate window
so that you can study it simultaneously with other documents.
To search for a word, use the "find" function in the Edit Menu at the top of your browser.
To close or minimalize this page, click in the appropriate box in the upper right corner.
Israel Military Order No. 783 Concerning
Administration of Regional Councils
By virtue of my powers as the Area Commander and my other powers by virtue of any law and military legislation, I hereby order as follows:
- 1. Definitions
- `Regional Council' - Any category of the settlements mentioned
in the schedule attached to this order (hereafter the Schedule)
which is known by the name appearing in the schedule and
whose area comprises the aggregate of the boundaries of the
settlements included in it and registered in the schedule.
- 'Boundaries of Settlement' - The area which is designated by the name of the settlement specified by a black line on the map of the settlement signed by the Area Commander as amended from time to time. A copy of this map shall be deposited at the Office of the Area Commander where it can be inspected by any interested party.
- (a) The Regional Councils shall be administered in accordance with procedures determined by the Area Commander in a Regulation.
- (b) Paragraph (a) above shall not derogate from any law or security legislation unless specifically contradicted in this order or in a regulation.
- 3. The Regulation shall be published in the manner which the Area
Commander shall determine.
- 4. This order shall be valid as of the date that it is signed.
- 5. This order shall be known as 'Order Regarding the Administration of Regional Councils' (Judea and Samaria) Number 783 for the year 5739-1979.
Dated 21 Adar 5735 (25 March 1979)
(Signed) Tal Aluf Binyamin Ben Eliazer
Area Commander of the West Bank
Return: to the TOP of this Military Order.
SOURCE: Shehadeh, Raja. "From Occupation to Interim Accords:
Israel and the Palestinian Territories". Kluwer Law International, Boston,
MA (1997), p. 249-250.
(c) Israel Law Resource Center, February, 2007.