Title: Bleed me dry
Author: reen
E-mail: [email protected]
Archive: Soldier of Death
Pairing: 2x1
Rated: R

".." speech
//......// flashback

 

Bleed me dry
by reen

 

.1.

The sound of footsteps echoed in the underground parking-place breaking the silence that he so cherished. Leaning over the wide concrete pillar, he listened to the measured steps his next victim was taking. He smiled. He likes this place. It was huge, wide and the most important part - it was deserted most of the time� Especially at night. The perfect place for his nightly trips.

His lips curved in an evil smile as he thought of what was awaiting him and the human that was quickly crossing the parking loft, closing the gap between them in quick efficient steps. He tensed in anticipation when suddenly she spoke. The sad, calculated tone of her voice caused him to jerk almost visibly.

"Do you hate me?"

His eyes widened. Did she know�? How could she know he was there? It was impossible.

"Do you hate me for what they have done with your life, Heero?"

Hero? What hero? Coming from her it sounded like a name. But was she actually talking to herself?

"I don�t."

There was another person with her! How could he not notice? But there was no sound of footsteps, of a deeper breath, not even a rustle of clothes. He was so surprised he let them pass the spot where he was standing. First came the girl. Short, with long blond hair kept in a low ponytail. She wore a light blue business suit. She was young, eighteen at most, but she held herself like a much older woman � straight and formal. And a step behind her walked a boy�

He was just a short as her and just as stern. Dark hair framed his face and the shape, if not the colour of his blue eyes, spoke of Japanese heritage. Clad all in black he looked like a shadow following the bright light that was the pretty girl. And he moved without a sound.

 

Bright, excited eyes followed the mysterious boy as he silently escorted the girl he recognized as Relena Peacecraft to her car. A lonely shiver ran down his spine. He could feel his breath � as non-existent as it was � quicken. This feeling... Looking at this boy made him feel... something. Something he had not felt for a very long time now. Excitement. Need. Desire to bare his fangs and bit into that throat, without care for consequences. Desire to suck from that lean neck blood so sweet like none before. Somehow he had a feeling no other would ever taste better. The need stronger with every minute he looked and thought about the boy. The girl was utterly forgotten as he considered his next move. His eyes never left the tempting sight before his eyes.

And God only knew he was never good at resisting a temptation.

 

The door of the lift slid open to reveal a poorly lit and quiet parking loft. He stepped out, Relena just one step behind him and looked for any signs of danger. Al always there were none. During the two years he has worked as Relena's bodyguard no one had ever tried to take her life. And there was only one attempted kidnapping case. He took care of them so thoroughly no one had ever dared to try it the second time.

There were couple of accidents � as Relena liked to call them � but never something serious. Just people possessed with the idea of total pacifism, trying to show it in some way and wanting for her to notice them.

Heero himself didn't understand what people saw in Peacecraft's idealism. Total pacifism... But ordinary people thought it a way to future peaceful existence. Many politicians attacked the idea of this utopia as they like to call it. In the world where there were others ready to take advantage of demilitarized countries, how could anyone think about deprival of all defences?

But Relena's family believed it peace that would rule the world when people stop fighting and start living together. It was a noble idea, which Heero himself couldn't believe. His whole life was a screaming testimony against it. Relena was oblivious but Heero knew from his own experience that words weren't always followed by actions. How could a man like Peacecraft propagate pacifism and at the same time let a child be raised the way Heero was?

Heero couldn't remember much of his childhood. He was told is parents were dead killed in a terrorist attack during a peace conference; they were part of the diplomatic delegation. Senator Peacecraft was one of the few survivors and decided to take care of a small boy that by some miracle stayed alive, too. But not as a son...

Heero was trained from his early years � martial arts, weapons, tactics � he knew it all. His body � genetically tempered with � was his most dangerous weapon. His loyalty toward Relena' was unconditional. He knew no deeper feelings. He would give his life for her without a further thought. It was the way the Peacecraft's scientists had programmed him.

He was Peacecraft's little dirty secret. No one knew the whole true about him, no one really cared. Beside Relena...

She had found out by accident. She heard her father talking with the head of the scientist team, Dr. J. She was shocked someone especially his father has so little respect for human life. Furious he was a part of it � even unintentionally. It was too late to mend the damages already done but she tried. Persistently she sought to give Heero back what he lost so many years ago.

Her first step of her self appointed mission was to give him a birthday present. She had literally squeezed the date out of his father and a month later Heero was presented with a huge birthday cake and a pile of gifts, each representing one year of his life lost because of his father. Heero didn't know what to say, what to do so he ignored her as everything that wasn't a part of his mission. It was a wrong move.

That day he learned Relena always got what she wanted. Was it her name or just her persistence...? One way or the other what she wanted she would get. Even from the half dead heart of her bodyguard...

She walked now beside him, calm and serious � but still a vision of delicate beauty. She hated the way she looked. She was strong and wanted it to show. But only few could see behind those blue eye and pretty face, notice the energy and stubbornness that was her. Most of them were fooled by her appearance.

Suddenly his watchful eyes were drawn away from Relena. A dark shadow... Instantly he drew his gun, pointing it in the direction of concrete pillars behind them. He saw a movement so quick he actually doubted it was real. But then he spotted a blurred image of human silhouette. It dissolved before his stunned eyes, only to reappear behind him.

He tried to turn around but his movements were too slow. One black, gloved hand shot out and knock the gun out of his hands, sending it scattering toward Relena. And it was only the sight of Heero's weapon landing under her feet that alarmed the girl something had happened. She turned around her eyes wide as he took the image before her.

"HEERO!!!"

Her shriek startled him for a second. But it was enough for his opponent to completely overpower him. He didn't quite know how it happened but his hand was twisted behind his back, crushed by the body behind him. His head was bent aside exposing his neck. He struggled trying to escape this strange position, but he couldn't break the hold the other had on him. For the first time since he could remember he felt a pang of fear. Normal person wouldn't be able to hold him one place. His genetic enhancement made him far stronger then any human. And yet this stranger was holding him in place practically with one arm. Heero violent thrashing didn't seem to faze him at all. And that could only mean someone tempered with his genes, too, only much, much longer. It was the only rational explanation, because the person behind him was slightly built and short. The hand pinning him down was slender, delicate and very pale. And despite that, Heero was helpless, his body completely immobilized.

Suddenly he felt... lips?... on his uncomfortably bent neck. Wet tongue followed seconds later, darting to lick his skin and the thin sheath of sweat. Heero tensed his eyes widening in surprise. A shudder run don his body as the touch brought an unfamiliar feeling o the surface... excitement.

He jerked feeling the sharp teeth piercing his skin, but more from shock then actual pain. His blood was being sucked away! He felt nauseated. What kind of freak would like to drink blood? He refused to believe it was a vampire. The thought didn't even cross his mind long enough for him to consider it. The idea of a vampire attacking him was alone a laughable thought.

By know it was hard to think. He could feel the more rational part of his bran slowly slipping away. He could feel himself getting weaker and weaker and involuntarily he moaned as his knees gave out. Immediately the hand around his waist tightened its grip keeping him upright.

Relena's cry still echoed in the air.

 

His mind was fogged and he could not form a rational thought. Absently he noted an unnatural silence that invaded his mind. Silence that was broken by a woman's shrilling cries. His eyes shot open � he didn�t even realize they were shut � and blurrily he glanced at Relena's horrified face.

'I have to defend her.' His mind supplied.

"Relena... Run..." His voice was merely a whisper but he knew she had heard him.

She didn�t listen. Her eyes flashed defiantly and she shook her head. She would not leave Heero alone.

Her blue eyes darted around looking for something... someone who could help them and she spotted Heero's gun lying on the ground.

She grabbed without care for Heero's screams and pointed it at the attacker. Heero's body was in the way. Her hands shook as much as her voice when she spoke: "Let him go..."

The figure holding Heero captive � Was he kissing Heero's neck!? � tore his eyes from Heero's body and looked at her as thought he was actually surprised she was there. The sight of the gun pointed at him didn't make any impression. He didn't look scared at all. She came closer and only then the expression on their attacker face changed. His lips curved in a cruel smile. Suddenly he was looking her straight in the eyes. It rooted her in spot. His eyes flashed violet and she felt faint. Her body felt heavy and slowly she closed her eyes. The gun slipped from her slack fingers and fell to the ground. Her body collapsed beside it.

Heero's horrified eyes were still on her fallen figure when he felt himself being pushed to the ground. But only when he felt a hand around his waist slid down between his legs did he realised what the other wanted. He began to struggle again but still he was no match for the other man. Panic surge through his mind. He opened his mouth to scream for help... but only a choked groan came out.

His move was anticipated and strong arms turned him on his back a hand covering his lips. The move was so fast Heero didn't even have time to draw a single breath. His pained eyes were now staring straight in the angry violet ones.

"You... or her..."

Heero closed his eyes in defeat.

 

With a choked gasp Heero woke up. His body ached all over. A painful moan escaped his dry lips as he tried to open his eyes. Moving his head, he was rewarded with a wave of pain that shot down his neck and involuntarily his hand flew to the place it hurt the most. Ignoring a wave of nausea at that sudden movement, he let his fingers trace the skin of his neck. For some unknown reason he was afraid of what he could find there. But everything seemed to be fine... beside the fact that he was lying on a cold ground and couldn't remember what had led to this. As he reran his memories it dawned on him he shouldn't be alone.

"Relena...!!"

He jumped on his feet, almost throwing up from the sudden move. His eyes frantically searched for the girl. She was lying nearby, a couple of feet away. She had a peaceful expression on her face and for a moment he thought she was dead. But as his eyes scanned her body he noticed her moving chest. A sigh of relief escaped his lips.

Cautiously looking around he came closer to her and shook her arm gently. She opened her eyes immediately startling him a little.

"Heero!!!" she exclaimed. He helped her to her feet.

"What happened" she asked looking fearfully around. She couldn't remember anything beyond the time they stepped out of the lift. It frightened her, this feeling of not knowing. She turned her questioning eyes on Heero but he only shook his head.

"I don't know. I... don't remember..."His voice held a tone of astonishment.

"Me, too. But... we are all right." She was right. Here was nothing amiss. His weapons were in place, they weren�t hurt. The only odd thing he could think of was a strange aching of his body.

"Relena, are you feeling all right?" he asked drawing his gun and moving to stand beside her. She smiled at him weakly and nodded.

Together they walked to the car warily looking around. Nothing happened. The area was deserted.

...and only a pair of violet eyes watched them go away, an amused smirk dancing on the bloody lips.

 

[ part .2. ]

 

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1