1. Absolutely NO FLAMING allowed. Discussions are wonderful, disagreements will happen. However, if you stray
into flame territory, I'll insist it be taken off-list. If you have repeated infractions, you'll be removed from the list. A
flame is deliberate provocation of another list member. This includes bringing posts to the list that should remain
2. Be courteous and please remember the written word is easily misunderstood. Think before you respond especially
if you've taken offense at something that has been posted. If you must respond to criticize, do it offlist.
3. Please feel free to share your opinions regarding Vanessas's past performances, new projects, etc. As long as the topic
is at least peripherally related to Vanessa and is not demeaning, salacious, or hurtful to anyone, it should be
4. *Conjecture* regarding V's personal life will not be tolerated.
5. Posting of "media sightings" -- alerts regarding V in newspapers, magazines, on television, etc. are encouraged.
Occasional postings about other cast members V has worked with
will be allowed depending on the relevance of the subject. Keep in mind that this is the Vanessa Williams Discussion List and she should be
our major focus.
6. Announcements of upcoming television, movie, online chat, etc. appearances will be welcomed. Try sending it with at least 24 hrs anticipation.
7. Tasteful "drooling" is permitted. Just keep it clean. There are minors on the list.
8. There will be NO CROSS-POSTING of notes to vanessaslist and other lists or individuals. Cross-posting is the
practice of putting more than one address on a note. The ONLY EXCEPTION to this is for notes announcing
television appearances, etc. Opinions and personal information should be posted to lists one list at a time.
9. Minors will be allowed to subscribe to the list. Keep the subject matter clean, please.
10. Most of us can, have, and will talk, discuss, etc. at length about Vanessa. We also have "real" lives,
jobs, other Internet lists, etc. to attend to. Please include *parts* of notes to which you are responding or paraphrase,
but TRY NOT to always include the full note to which you're replying. Delete the parts of digests to which you are not
responding for example. It takes up computer space which some people may not have. Consolidate responses to
several notes when you can.
11. Keep in mind that other people want to post, too, and limit your responses/posting if the list is busy on a
particular day. If only two people are carrying on a thread, it is probably time to take it to private email.
12. Label off-topic posts OT, please. If the list is busy with "V" business, keep OTs to a minimum.
13. Almost last, but not least, REMEMBER: **LIFE'S GOLDEN RULE: IF YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TALKING BAD ABOUT VANESSA, DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT OTHER FEMALE SINGERS. WHITNEY, MARIAH, CELINE, THEY ARE ALSO VERY TALENTED LADIES. PLEASE RESPECT THEM.
AND LAST, if you are answering someone's offer to copy a tape for you, scan a picture, send and attachment, etc... DO SO PRIVATELY. The list is moderated, so I will erase this messages immidiately and they WILL NEVER REACH their destination.
Just use common sense people, that will make us all a happy v-group. Let's try to be as classy as V is.