Pervigeo

A/N: The challenge was to write a 100-word drabble in which one character discovers another character's secret. But it ocurred to me that sometimes, it's enough simply to know that a secret exists. (Pervigeo is Latin for "To flourish, bloom continually.")

Disclaimer: Harry Potter, Pomona Sprout, Severus Snape, and all their associates are characters belonging to J.K. Rowling. I claim no rights to them, their surroundings, or their situations. Much to my sorrow.

---

Pomona Sprout was a perceptive woman. (A useful trait for a Hufflepuff, sandwiched between the warring Houses Gryffindor and Slytherin. Sometimes the best defense was knowing something the other party didn't know you knew.)

She noted with curiosity that her young colleague, Severus Snape--who visited frequently on Potions business--often lingered in Greenhouse One when certain perennials were flowering.

One day, when he'd stood staring at them for some twenty minutes, she cautiously approached him with a gift. "Severus?...Thought perhaps you'd like these."

Abashed, he accepted. "Th-thank you."

Then he departed, head bowed, clutching the pot of Ever-Blooming Lilies.

Comment


<< Last Fic | Back to Index | Next Fic >>

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1