The Helpful Tree

A/N: The challenge was to write a 100-word drabble exploring a "What if?" theme. This one asks the reader to imagine how differently Harry's life and the lives of his friends might have been, if a certain person hadn't caused a delay and a distraction at a crucial time in PoA.

Disclaimer: Harry Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and all their associates are characters belonging to J.K. Rowling. I claim no rights to them, their surroundings, or their situations. Much to my sorrow.

---

Crookshanks darted up first; he had evidently pressed his paw to the knot on the trunk, because Lupin, Pettigrew, and Ron clambered upward without any sound of savaging branches. Sirius, Harry and Hermione followed.

Lupin nearly tripped over a dark shape sprawled among the tree roots. "Hello, what's this?"

Hermione bent down to look. "Why...it's Professor Snape!"

Sirius snorted. "So it is, and he's out cold. Must've gotten Whomped, but good. Nosy git."

Lupin stared at the Potions Master for a moment, horrified; then he began struggling with the chains tying him to Pettigrew. "Great Merlin's ghost...I'd forgotten...the Wolfsbane potion!"

Comment


<< Last Fic | Back to Index | Next Fic >>

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1