*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

His footfalls echoed off the pavement. Heart racing, his breathing ragged. He had to keep running; he couldn’t stop now. If he stopped then they won. He couldn't let that happen, couldn’t let them win.

Harder...faster...around that corner...one more block and he was home free.

He could feel the blood, caking on his bare skin, pulling it tighter with every movement. The weapon he still carried in his left hand felt overwhelmingly heavy, the burden of its actions earlier weighing him down. But still, he ran.

When he reached the end of the street, only then did he finally slow down. Slumping against a nearby tree, he breathed in then out, trying in vain to control the racing of his heart. All was quiet at this time of night, and he allowed himself the luxury of one last moment of rest before he had to move on.

Pulling himself out of the shadows, he turned to head down the street once more.

The sharp glare from the headlights of a jeep sliced through the darkness, catching him unaware, and stunning him into immobility. He just stood there, shaking, until the vehicle skidded to a stop in front of him.

Two MP’s jumped out, pointing their weapons at him. "Don’t even think about moving you son of a bitch. Drop it!"

Shaking uncontrollably with fear, the bloody hunting knife fell to the ground at his feet as he raised his hands in silent surrender.

Okay, I am once again going to try tackling a major "plot" story. It's been a while, so be gentle. I know the prologue was too short but it is just a teaser to lead into the good stuff. I'll post Part 1 tomorrow so be looking for it! However, I have no idea what kind of posting schedule I'll have. All depends on how my life starts treating me.

Also, this story will deal with some really grisly stuff. Just wanted to let you all know ahead of time. But I'm going to try to deal with it in the most tasteful way that I can. It's going to be one hell of a ride though, so you have been warned. <veg>

Continue on to Part 1

Back to Fanfictions

© once upon a rose garden 2003
Disclaimer: JAG and its characters are the property of Paramount Pictures, Viacom, CBS, Belisarius Productions, and Donald P. Bellisario. This site is not intended to violate any copyrights they have and is not intended for profit in any way, shape or form. It is meant to be a respectful tribute to the show and its characters and actors.
Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1