Getsinger could have been spelled Getzinger or Goetzinger. Information in this section has been researched but not proven.
Parents not known:
1. John Fayt Getsinger, b 1750
2. Mathew Getsinger, b 1749/50
3. Anna Maria Getsinger, b 1751/52
Joseph (Jacob) Goetzinger was born in 1775 in Prussia, Germany? – Bartivia, Germany? and died 1815 in Barnwell Co., SC. He was the son of John Fayt Getsinger. He immigrated in 1786 on the ship “The Brothers” from Germany through Philidephia, then moved to SC. He married Mary Margaret Cook, daughter of Jacob Koch (Cook).
Children: Andrew, John R., Mary, Rosa, Jacob, Elizabeth, and William.
Pichney Getsinger, from Anderson, SC, d ca 1814, m Mary Francis Elgin
Children of E. B. Getsinger, b ca 1817 SC m Eleanor.
1. Lucinda Ellen Getsinger, b 08 Mar 1862 SC, m (1) Benjamin Franklin Green and (2) ca 1926/27 James William Lambeth, d 21 Feb 1937.
2. Emma Victoria Getsinger, b 11 Jun 1866 Greenville, SC, d. 02 Feb 1925, m 18 Apr 1883 TX to James William Lambeth, d 21 Feb 1937.
3. John W. Getsinger, b ca 1870
4. Floyd Getsinger
5. Jane Getsinger
JOHN WILLIAM GETSINGER was born 12 Jun 1869 in Goshen, GA, and died of congestive heart failure 12 Nov 1954 in Woodville, Tyler County, TX. He married Mittie Virginia Hood, born 30 July 1863 in (Meckleburg Co.), North Carolina and died 14 February 1948 in Woodville, TX. Mittie was the daughter of Alexander Hood and Jane Miller. John and Mittie are buried in Magnolia Cemetery, Woodville, TX.
References: Certificate of Vital Record, Tyler Co., TX, Death Certificates for John and Mittie
MAE BELLE GETSINGER was born 10 Oct 1893, and died 27 Jan 1947. She married 07 January 1913 to Dr. John Franklin Shivers, son of Robert Shivers and Francis McAlister.