Please note: I am not currently looking for employment - the following is for information only.
Name: Rob Fisher
Date of birth: 5th February, 1977
- 11 GCSE's. (5 A's, 3 B's and 3 C's)
- A Level Maths - Grade D
- A Level Physics - Grade B
- A Level Electronics - Grade B
- AS Level Computing - Grade A
- First Class BEng Microelectronics
& Computing degree at Bournemouth
University. (Graduated in June 1999).
- Analogue Electronics/Circuit Theory (Yr 1)
- Systems Design (Yr 1)
- Software Development(C, C++, Java, Design methodologies -
- Real Time Systems (Yr 2)
- Digital Hardware Design (Yrs 1-3)
- Project Management (Yrs 1-3)
- Microprocessor Systems (Yrs 1-2)
- Data Communications (Yr 2)
- Image Processing (Yr 3).
My major project was to develop an extenstion to software I had written for Accurate Controls Ltd
during my placement year. The new software allowed information from remote monitoring stations
to be viewed and altered via TCP/IP with a graphical interface. The project involved the development
of a suitable communication protocol as well as client and server software to run under Windows.
- 1 year's C programming at Accurate
Controls Ltd in Poole, Dorset, UK. A mixture of real
time embedded C for a temperature controller and
LabWindows/CVI C programming for Windows95. The project
involved a PC based client communicating with a number of
8051 based temperature controllers via an RS485 link.
Worked on both the PC and embedded software, developing a
communications protocol and user interface. (September
1997 - October 1998).
- 3 month's Visual Basic programming at Mondair (UK)
Ltd, an aircraft spare parts supplier. Created a database
system to handle stock control, quotations, invoices and
reports. (May 1997 - August 1997).
- 2 week's work experience at IBM in Hursley. Wrote a file
conversion utility in a proprietary language called REXX.
- C, C++, Java, Visual Basic
- Visual C++ (MFC), LabWindows/CVI
- Real-time embedded software, Windows
- Yourdon, UML
I can be reached by email at [email protected]