The RANDOM MUSIC for Y2K Project
* How can you contribute?
The main condition is that all the 'cells' of the "Y2K midi composition table" must have been computer-generated by 'RANDOMIZING PROGRAMS' . On that page you can find a collection of FREEWARE and SHAREWARE 'music' generating programs. Try them, it's great fun!
* After generating 'music' with any of these programs, a few corrections
may be done, but in origin the sequences should have been automatically-generated
by them. So, in fact, only computers will have created the Y2K-Midi-Composition...
Let's say computers made a musical conspiracy against well-educated human
* The initial sequences should preferably
not have a duration OVER
3 MINUTES !
You are allowed though to submit files that have a duration over 3 minutes, but they should in no way exceed 30 kB!
But let us just stick with the GENERAL MIDI INSTRUMENTATION (GM instr. 0 to 127)
* You can PICK ANY SEQUENCE from the table, remix it or
alter it in any way - then send it back to me as an attachment in an email.
When it matches all specifications needed, I will paste it back into the
'midi-belt' again, possibly in another place, according to the number of
channels (and the tempo used) ... and so on. We keep the right to REPLACE
previously published sequences by newer and better ones ... or not to place
new bits at all when they 'don't match'...
* Try to add a DESCRIPTIVE TEXT to go with it - I will
make that this 'alternate text' shows when the mouse is positioned over
* Finally, you should not claim ANY rights on the fragments
you contribute, neither should there lie rights upon the bits you use!
I will not take any responsability in this matter!
* Remember: RANDOM MUSIC for Y2K is a NON-PROFIT PROJECT. Enjoy it, and