- The Silver Sea- A large expanse of ocean, dotted with small islands, this separates Ashara from the foreign realms to the east. Very few cross this way -- only the brave or extremely foolish go far out of sight from shore. Pirates and smugglers are the main species in these waters.
Auroon and the Desert
- Auroon- The port city of Auroon, on the eastern border of Ashara, is a large city ruled by its Governor, Duke Perron. It is the capital of the Desert, and a haven for smugglers, merchants, and pirates.
- Auroon: The Governor's Mansion- The home of Perron, Duke of the Desert, this mansion is ostentatious and filled with servants. Trespassers are not permitted...officially.
- Auroon: The Docks- Filled with the smell of fish, sweat, and the sea, these docks are worked by dockhands, and all manner of ship -- legal and illegal -- come through here. There is also a dockside tavern, known as the Albatross, that is frequented by sailors and even pirates.
- Auroon: The Marketplace- The marketplace of Auroon is located in the center of town, and is a primary place to meet the locals, pick up supplies, and taste Desert cooking. It is bustling with natives and traders from across Ashara and beyond.
- Auroon: Church and Graveyard- A once-magnificent cathedral, in honor of the Church pantheon, stands in front of a graveyard. However, the church has been run down and largely inhabited by a clan of werewolves; the graveyard itself hosts the resting place of several of the city's prominent vampires.
- Auroon: Slums of Auroon- The vast majority of Auroon consists of slums. Here there are decrepit houses, taverns, and inns. One of these taverns, the Derelict Sloop facing the cathedral and graveyard, is owned and operated by the major thieves' guild in town.
- The Temple of Khar-Shi- The entrances to the Temple of Khar-Shi, and the Cult stronghold, are secret...however, the faithful come here quite often, to worship at the altar of the snake-goddess.
- The Outer Wastes- Outside the city of Auroon lies a desert wasteland. Some people -- mostly gypsies and bandits -- live here, while for most this is merely an obstacle to be crossed. Caravans frequently travel this way, stopping at various oases -- but, some caravans do not make the weeks-long journey.
- The Arcane College- This large tower is governed by the Archmages of the Arcane College, and serves to teach magic to all willing to abide by their code in Ashara.
- Imperial Palace- The actual castle, the home of the Impeiral family, sits on a hill within the walls of Ashar, and is only of moderate size. However, outside of it are parks, gardens, and walkways open to the public. The actual interior is well-guarded and closed off.
- Stars and Sandstone Tavern- One of the oldest structures in Ashar, this tavern is frequented mostly by the middle class, but receives a great deal of travelers and people of all walks of life. A great place to get started in Ashar, or to get a room for the night.
- The Everwood- A large, forested area within Damaska, this Everwood is home to all sorts of creatures of myth and legend -- some of whom are not gentle to intruders.
- The Sanyel Forest- A large expanse of woodlands, the Sanyel Forest is a cold, harsh place. However, there are many pilgrims, druids, and followers of the Way of the Spirits who make the forest, and campsites within it, their home. Still, all manner of strange beast prowl this forest, and it is unwise to travel alone too far away from a campsite.
- Night Elven Caves- Belonging to various clans and tribes, the caves scattered at the foothills of the Sanyel Mountains present a varied, harsh clime, where few dare to live. Night elves, however, are sensitive to the sunlight, and prefer the subterranean environs of the caves. Few enter easily...
- Clan Ziianon- Clan Ziianon, led by the fierce priestess Zianna, is a proud and powerful group of night elves, and one of the largest clans in the area. Size, however, breeds disunity, and not all are unwilling to contest Zianna's reign...