's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links
FIJI / ÎLES FIDJI
- Fiji -
- was visited by Abel Tasman in 1643 and James Cook in 1774. It became a British Colony in 1874 with independence within the Commonwealth achieved in 1970. (follow this link to Philately.com for more on the men listed above - aj)
The first postage stamps were issued for the colony in 1870.
General Post Office Box 100
and an email: [email protected]
- Fiji - CIA Data:
- Location: Oceania, island group in the South Pacific Ocean, about two-thirds of the way from Hawaii to New Zealand.
Independence: 10 October 1970 (from UK)
- Crown Agents Stamp Bureau - "ask for details"
- Inter Governmental Philatelic Agency Online - for over 55 countries
- for dealers only... ;)
- Fiji Stamps from their postal authority ; new issues displayed
- POST FIJI LTD
M. Sada Sivan
Senior Manager Mails
P.O. Box 40
Téléphone (+679) 218 564
Téléfax (+679) 306
From the UPU
Home Submit URL ©