AJ's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links
no postal data ; please submit any you may have.
- Linn's: News: Peacekeeping mission to issue East Timor stamps
- East Timor comprises the eastern part of Timor island in the Malay archipelago, north of Australia. A former Portuguese territory, it was annexed by Indonesia in 1976. While a Portuguese territory, East Timor had its own stamps starting in 1885. The last stamp for East Timor was released Dec. 15, 1973, according to the listings in the Scott Standard Postage Stamp Catalogue.
- East Timor Cronology - from the Embassy of Indonesia in Canada
- A tabelized format providing data from:
1. 1509 - 1974 - The period of Portuguese colonial presence
49. April 17, 1992 - After meeting with U.N. Secretary-General Boutros-Ghali, Indonesian Foreign Minister Ali Alatas announces Indonesia is prepared to resume talks with Portugal on East Timor under the auspices of the U.N. Secretary-General,
(a/o 6/4/00 aj)
And I add a 50th point: She is now (May 19, 2002) officially a nation of her own!
- CIA's Chiefts of State & Cabinet Ministers: East Timor
Home Submit URL
'E' Index © AJ Ward