RÉP. TCHČQUE / Ceskŕ republika / Tjeckiska Republiken
The Czech Republic
- Originally ruled by Austrian Hapsburgs, Czech lands were united with Slovakia to form a separate state of Czechoslovakia in 1918. The country was occupied by Germany, 1938. Independence was gained with some loss of territory to the USSR in 1946. Communist rule was imposed by the Soviet Union following a 1948 coup. The communist party fell from power in 1989 and Czechoslovakia was divided into its constituent republics, Czech and Slovakia in 1993. The Czech Republic now comprises former provinces of Bohemia, Silesia and Moravia.
CIA Data on the Czech Republic
- Central Europe, southeast of Germany; After World War II, Czechoslovakia fell within the Soviet sphere of influence, and in 1968 an invasion by Warsaw Pact troops snuffed out anti-communist demonstrations and riots. With the collapse of Soviet authority in 1991, Czechoslovakia regained its freedom. On 1 January 1993, the country peacefully split into its two ethnic components, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Independence: 1 January 1993 (from Czechoslovakia)
- Stamps of Czechoslovakia
- Eastern Slovakia, Slovak and Carpatho-Rusyn Genealogical Research
We were fortunate to acquire a collection of stamps from what is now the Czech
Republic and the Slovak Republic.
"The stamps are mostly over 40 years old and feature people, places, and things
relating to what was then known as Czechoslovakia. Here is your chance to own a
piece of history from the area. (50 stamps for US$5 + $1 s/h)
Proceeds from the sale of these stamps will go to the support of the Searching in
Slovakia and Czeching Out Our Ancestors areas of our internet site. "
- JAPHILA; 'net stamp magazine
- Bretislav Janik edits Japhila internet magazine about Czech philately and other collecting - recently honored by CzechPost with a special cancellation in their name!
Dave Joll's Czech Republic Stamp New Issues list.
Czech Republic - FIP Data
- Union of Czech Philatelists
- Pribenická 1, CZ-130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
- Tel./Fax: 0042 2 276 551
Czech Postal History - Peter Gebauer
@ (new URL submitted 9/2001)
- old: http://www.mujweb.cz/www/phist/
The Stamp Gallery of Czech and Slovak graphic art [EN]
- A true treasure house! - aj.
- His '
TOP LINKS' - re Czech philately
- His '
Czech/Slovak stamp resources
The Society for Czechoslovak Philately
- Czech Postal History Resources - a fantastic work! aj.
Basic Types of Czech Postmarks Since 1900
Austria (1.1.1900 - 28.10.1918)
Czechoslovakia (28.10.1918 - 15.3.1939)
Sudetenland (German administration) (1.10.1938 - 8.5.1945)
German Protectorate "Bohmen-Mahren" (15.3.1939 - 8.5.1945)
Czechoslovakia (8.5.1945 - 31.12.1992)
Czech Republic (since 1.1.1993)
Basic Postal Rates Since 1900
Field Post on Czech Territory<BR>Austro-Hungarian Field Post 1914-1918
Czechoslovak Field Post 1918-1920
Italian Field Post 1918-1919
Polish Field Post 1918-1920
Polish Field Post 1938
German Field Post 1938
Czechoslovak Field Post 1938***REVISED
German Field Post in Bohmen-Mahren 3/1939-5/1939
German Field Post in Bohmen-Mahren during WWII (1939-1945)
Soviet Field Post 1945
Romanian Field Post 1945
U.S. Field Post 1945***REVISED
British-Czechoslovak Field Post 1945-1946
Polish Field Post 1968
Soviet Field Post 1968-1991***REVISED
Links section is extensive and includes:
Japhila Philatelic Netmagazine
Czech Postal Museum
Czech Stamp Resources (Gerhard Batz)
The Society for Czechoslovak Philately (U.S.A.)
The Czechoslovak Philatelic Society of Great Britain
Postal History of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia (Markku Korhonen)
Czech covers on Ebay
National Philatelic Exhibition BRNO 2000
Peter Hoffmann´s Page of Czechoslovakian Stamps
Peter G. Aitken´s Stamp Collecting Page
Stamp Yellow Pages - Postal History
Romanian Postal History
Playle's Postal History Links
Internet Philatelic Shop
Sudetenland 1938 - 1945 by K E Andersen
Czechoslovakia - Download Album Pages:
- Free Album Pages? This site is sort of like "shareware" software.
Czech Postal Museum "Postovní muzeum" , "Postovní muzeum, Česká posta, s. p."
- Vítejte na stránkách Internetu České posty, s. p.
Připomínky a dotazy (email) : [email protected]
ání do muzea (address):
Vás zve k prohlídce svých expozic
Nové mlýny 2, 110 00 Praha 1
tel. 231 2006, fax 231 1930
E-mail: [email protected]
Postovní muzeum - pobočka
382 73 Vyssí Brod
tel. 0337 / 746 679, fax 0337 / 746 243
A Prague Museums Guide (#postal)- Prag - Praha - From Andel 3W Tourist Service English
- If you are a steam engine fan this may be the place for you, as it shows the history of the use of steam engines for navigation in Prague. Podskali itself served as the centre for steam engine navigation and many sailors and raftsmen lived there. Open only Wed - Thu 10 a.m. - 12.30 p.m. and 1.30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
If you have any questions about our products, do not hesitate to contact us.
e-mail is: [email protected]
note: modify the url (delete "#mus007") and vist the country! - aj
Philatelic Museums & Libraries data - Czech Republic - Sherman
Linn's: Czechoslovakia issues: ASCH (1938)
- A city in the Sudetenland (Czechoslovakia). Local authorities overprinted Czech stamps in 1938, upon the area's cession to Germany.
- Czechoslovakia Linn's: Bohemia and Moravia (1939-45)
- A German puppet-state created from the western provinces of Czechoslovakia prior to World War II. Bohemia and Moravia were reincorporated into Czechoslovakia following the war.
See Also: Slovakia
- Postfila - Czech Rep. Postal Authority
Czech Post - postal authority; philatelic & postal museum sections; English link too; images 1993 on..
- e-mail: [email protected]
Fabio notes, "... Images of stamps since 1993 , new issues ; you can also download a standing order form , plus you can order online available stamps ."
(I note a link to their Postal Museum):
"The Postal Museum
Nove mlyny 2, 110 00 Praha 1
Tel. 231 2006, fax 231 193, E-mail: [email protected]
Open daily except Monday 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. (ticket office is closed at 4.30 p.m.); the study room on Tuesday - Friday 9.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
The Museum's Shop offers stamped stationery, commemorative sheets and graphics and is open on Tuesday - Sunday 9.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. - aj
Postfila - Czech Post Philatelic Service - in English - stamp images from 1994 - current
Ortenovo náměstí 16, Praha 7, 225 06
tel (+42 2) 667 12 325, (+42 2) 8720232
fax: (+42 2) 667 12 028, (+42 2) 875543
Adress for Philatelic shop:
Ortenovo náměstí 16, Praha 7, 225 06
tel: (+42 2) 872 03 89, (+42 2) 809050
fax: (+42 2) 875 543, (+42 2) 66712028
e-mail: [email protected]
WWW Info Eunet CZ's Directory of postal codes of the Czech Republic
CZECH Info Center: Postal Codes Search Form - diff.
Czech Post and Agents
- Submit URL