- not complete!
- AJ's Basic Stamp Collecting Tips and Techniques = basics.htm
- This is just a stamp.....?
- "Intro.." link - plugs Linn's $1 book on basic collecting
- American Philatelic Congress "knowledge"
- AskPhil -- stamp collecting questions and answers, etc. "decernment"
- Information for beginner stamp collectors. Matthew Crandell stamp collecting supplies and stamps. "approaches"
- Linn's: Reference: An Introduction to Stamp Collecting
- ISWSC Handbook of Stamp Collecting Basics
basics.htm links - not in order
- APS'S COMMITTE: PRESERVATION AND CARE OF PHILATELIC MATERIALS, MAIN HOME PAGE
- 'R' Stamps FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- The American Philatelic Foundation - stamp,stamps,appraisal,appraising,stamp collectors,michael,dubasso
- Here You Can Identify Your Weird Stamps And At The Same Time Help Other People Out
- When this site was first conceived, we used this silly name for a title. Still, it says what it is so we do not want to change it.
- Scott Kitchen's Philatelic Charities Page
- Archival Internet Resources
- ~ WORLDWIDE PEN PALS NETWORK, Index;
- Lions International Stamp Collecting Project
- Posten på Åland - Stamps contest
- Caring For Works of Art on Paper
- Questions about Photographic Materials
- Preservation Basics for Paper Based Records
- Archival Storage Products by E. Gerber Products, Inc.
- Re: Mylar protective sleeves
- Conservation Resources International: Welcome
- PB STAMPS WEBPAGE (good place for beginners)
- Has loads of lots and mixtures at good prices - aj.
email: [email protected]
- Steven Haddock - Caring for your stamps
- amoung other points is #:
6. Sometimes, you just can't save a stamp
Some stamps, mostly printed in the last 50 years, are actually self destructing. Either they were printed on a high-acid paper (which yellows and falls apart over time) or the gum used will degrade and discolour a stamp. The best thing to do in these situations is to remove the offending material, if possible, before it does any further damage.
- Postal Postings of Everett "Ev" Slosman - rants and philatelic raves
- Southern California Stamp Shows Calendar
- The Stamp Trader List at Shamrock Stamps
- Kiloware Stamp Mixtures at Shamrock Stamps
- Doug Dobson Postage Stamp Mixtures (Kiloware), Packets, Lots etc.
- Ouch! - the story of the Morley Bright; watermarks on cover
- Welcome to (U.S.P.S.) StampsOnline's Collector's Corner! : Philatelic Centers
- World of Stamps - Game: Wildlife
- Stampguyz Message Board
- Classified Search Area at Stampguyz
- Hugh Wood - Philatelic Insurance for Members of the APS
- Hugh Wood International - Global Independent Insurance Brokers
- Bosham Industries Ltd - producers of stock-sheets and folders for collectors of stamps, etc etc...
- Bosham Industries Ltd.
Rockall House, Brooks Lane,
Bosham, Nr. Chichester
West Sussex, PO18 8JU
Telephone: +44 (0) 1243 573500
Fax: +44 (0) 1243 573238
E-mail: [email protected]
Over the 33 years since Bo Hagner's invention of the Original HAGNER stock-sheets, they have been constantly improved. They are today distinguished for their unsurpassed quality, ease of use, perfect protection of the stamps and their outstanding ability to keep their shape and long life. Long term tests under extreme conditions have shown that Original HAGNER stock-sheets will retain their valuable properties over centuries.
- James Bendon Ltd. - links (including Insurance by HW Wood)
- Welcome to Rainbow Online's own Philatelic Literature Website featuring Philatelic Literature reprints and Billig's Catalog (new url?)
- "U.S. SELF ADHESIVES" - Matthew Crandell stamp collecting supplies and stamps.
- ISWSC Free Stamps for Youngsters... tmf
- Stamp Collecting Encyclopaedia - Introduction - from Filahome (Dutch magazine) a fair form of Glossary w/short articles on basics
- 'I Want a Date but I'm Fussy' - a "cheap, fun, one frame exhibit" (won a Silver)
- American Philatelic Congress (affliated with the APS)
- On-Line Philatelic Chats
- Rob's Stamp Collecting Tips
- ICQ Inc. - ICQ Community - Stamps
- Linn's: Reference: Stamp Collecting Basics
- Linn's: Reference: Local Stamp Clubs: A
- Linn's: Marketplace: Classified Ads Search
- AskPhil -- How to Watermark Stamps
- Yahoo! Clubs - stamps (147 at the time 1/00)
- CLASSIFIED AD SITE FOR STAMP COLLECTORS
- NEWSGROUPS FOR STAMP COLLECTORS
- STAMP TAGS Stamps Software , jokes, more
- Odds, Ends, Gems of Jerry Jensen
- PRESERVATION AND CARE OF PHILATELIC MATERIALS, MAIN HOME PAGE
- Stamp Hinges - Stamp Collecting - Date: 01/22/99 - A Stamp Collecting Guide and Community for Stamps, Philately and Postal History for beginners and experts, featuring guides and articels, a newsletter, bulletin board and chat room, "Helping Stamp Collectors Build Collections."
- (A 'Philatelic') Tale by Everett "Ev" Slosman
- re: Monocco's heavily 'philatelic' ecomony
- Linn's: Marketplace: Calendar of Events Search
- Society News - Plastics Report for Stamp Use - Jan. 2000
- Jan 1, 2000
Plastics Report for Stamp Use
For those BIA members who may have missed the announcement in the philatelic press recently, the study by the University of Alabama on the safety of plastics for storing and displaying stamps is still available. Dr. William Souder of the Center for the Management of Science and Technology conducted one of the first scientific studies of plastic products for use in the stamp hobby. Dr. Souder, himself a stamp collector, presents results that indicate modern PVC plastics are safer than previously suggested and that much confusion exists in the plastics industry regarding this issue. The report is free and is available by request from:
William E. Souder
Center for the Management of Science and Technology
126 Administrative Science Building
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Huntsville, AL 35899
- Linn's: News: Strange cut square is auctioned
New Folder - not in page
- Stamp News - Stamp Collecting - A Stamp Collecting Guide and Resource Community Center for Stamps and Postal History for beginners and experts, a site featuring articles and links, guides and advice, including a newsletter, "St. Rowland's Penny Post;" The Stamp Board bulletin board; and the Tong Hall, chat room.
- Collect.com - Discussion Forums
- Stamp Exchange - Stamp Trader List - searchable ver. (also has HTML and text versions)
Home Menu Tips Value & Resources
Free counters provided by Honesty.com. ; est. 3/2001