's USA Stamp Directory
Association of Online Appraisers, Inc.
& Appraisal Course Associates, @
c/o David Maloney
P.O. Box 2049
Frederick, MD 21702-1049
Tel 301-228-2279 Fax 301-695-6491
-- Offers an online course and notes, ".. The personal property appraisal industry is rethinking its long-established traditional standards of practice in light of the emerging Internet technology. .. " ; see Maloney below
Int'l Soc of Appraisers The Appraisal Foundation et al
Baltimore Friendly Monthly Stamp & Coin Show
Hilton Pikesville, 1726 Reisterstown Rd,
Baltimore, MD 21208 - Monthly; days vary.
Contact: Jennifer Reeves @, PA
Listed in Linn's for: Apr 29, 2012
26May12, 01July12, 29Jul12, 25Aug12
Americana Resources, Inc.
Larry L. Krug, President
Richard (Rick) W. Moses, Vice President
Shop: Emmitsburg Antique Mall,
Emmitsburg, MD (Route 15 - South of Gettysburg)
Snail: 18222 Flower Hill Way - 299-I
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
[email protected] Tel: 301-926-8663 Fax: 301-926-7648
- Antiques and Collectibles; incl. Stamps; "..offering 30,000 items in a wide selection."
- Also operates Collectors.Org - "..the largest, strictly FREE information website for collecting clubs -- serving club leaders, their members and the entire antiques and collectibles industry. ... selected as the Offical Web Site for the Association of Collecting Clubs and the National Association of Collectors" (x) - Sponsorship advertising is accepted in all newsletters. (c.2001)
"Some of the site features include a comprehensive Collecting Clubs Directory, Flea Market Directory, Auctioneers Directory, Club Conventions & Events Schedule, Directory of Collecting Web Rings, Directory of Collectibles Glossaries, Collectors News Service, Collectors Trade Show, Restoration Directory, Hobby Protection Act and much more."
- c.2008, "During the past five years Americana Resources has become a leading supporter of developing websites for organizations and strengthening a number of clubs and societies and associations in a variety of ways.
- "We initially developed, and for several years operated, the website serving the largest trade associations in our industry -- Antiques & Collectibles Dealer Association (ACDA), Antiques & Collectibles Show Promoters Association (ACSPA), National Association of Antique Malls (NAAM).
- "In 1995, Americana Resources created Collectors.Org, the website for collecting clubs and collectors. Collectors.Org was selected in 1996 to be the official website for the National Association of Collectors. Americana Resources acquired the National Association of Collectors (NAC) in 2002 (which was founded in 1996 by Harry L. Rinker, president of Rinker Enterprises, Inc, Emmaus, Pennsylvania and Jim Tucker, founder & director of Antique & Collectible Associations, Davidson, North Carolina.) Shortly thereafter, we founded a companion organization called the Association of Collecting Clubs (ACC) designed to work with the operation and management of collecting groups. The Collectors.Org website is the official website for both the NAC and ACC.
- "Since it's inception, the Collectors.Org site has become one of the most expansive information sites serving our industry. The Antiques & Collectibles show calendar is the most comprehensive listing on the Internet, featuring thousands of events worldwide and updated weekly. Our Flea Market Directory is the largest on the Internet. The Events Schedule features workshops, seminars, conventions, exhibitions, lectures, auctions and tours, also updated weekly. The Auctioneers Directory, Industry News, Appraisals Section and Restoration Section are all noteworthy. The Club Directory, consisting of over 2,500 clubs (over 4,000 c.2008 - ajw), is the largest on the Internet.
- "TheftReports.com, launched in August 2000 as a spin-off from Collectors.Org, has the singular purpose of serving the industry by listing theft reports and providing theft information on how to prevent thefts and what to do if you have experienced a theft. The site will work to build stronger bridges between the professional associations serving the industry, and the law enforcement agencies at all levels..." ('404' c.2008) - ajw 8-(
- "APIC.ws or AmericanPoliticalItemsCollectors.com is the official website of the 3,000-member association supporting the collection and study of political memorabilia, American Political Items Collectors. A weekly eNews letter, launched in 2001, supports this site. Americana Resources also owns and operates club sites for the Millennium Collectors and the Calendar Collector Society.
- "Through the Collecting Clubs eNews letter we are providing information to the club leadership of hundreds of collecting clubs and societies, assisting them in making their clubs stronger, better managed and of more service to their respective memberships. Collectors.Org also operats a Collecting Club News Service that aids in the distribution of collector organization news to the various media serving the antiques and collectibles industry.
- "Strong collecting organizations mean stronger, healthier hobby areas and more satisfied collectors. It also is a vital ingredient in strengthening the entire antiques & collectibles industry. Thus, as we stated in the beginning of this section, although small, we feel Americana Resources has an active role in helping to shape our industry. "
- "Bravo!", ajw
- P.S.: "At Americana Resources, Inc, Rick has responsibility for all technology-related subjects. This includes not only the hardware and software used in the office, but also dealing with ISPs, telecomm companies and suppliers. He is also the one that takes care of re-wiring any lighting fixtures before they are sold (Larry isn't allowed to do this anymore after that incident with the blown-out wall outlet) and has the 'minor' task of doing all of the site layout, design and programming for the 19 domains owned and/or operated by Americana Resources, Inc. "
(Martin L. Barron, Jr)
P.O. Box 587, New Market, MD 21774-0587
P.O. Box 3494, Gaithersburg, MD 20885
US Civil War, auctions
Matthew Bennett, Inc.
The Penthouse-Suite 401, Baltimore, MD 21204 - -
Tel (800) 638-4223 (out of state), 1-410-823-3714 (local) Fax (410) 321-5747 Auctions (one of the greats! ajw)
Collectibles Insurance Agency, Inc.
aka: Collectibles Insurance Services, LLC
P.O. Box 1200, Westminster, MD USA, 21158-0299 (cf.); <<=== moved c.2014??
11350 Mc Cormick Rd.
Suite 700, Executive Plaza I
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Tel.: 1-888-837-9537 (Toll Free), or 1-410-876-8833 Fax: 1-410-876-9233 [email protected] Not Currently Available in California (c.2001; nb: it is c.2012!!) - - See our special pages devoted to... Autographs / Books & Manuscripts / Ceramics / Comics & Animation / Dolls / Guns & Firearms / Movie Collectibles / Records / Postcards / Stamps / Teddy Bears / Trains & Toys "Since 1966 we've been protecting prized collections from Autographs to Zippos and everything in between, from books, comics, and Disney collectibles to Waterford, X-Men, and yo-yos. And of course, we can't forget the very first collectibles we ever insured: stamps! " Incl. "Insurance plan for ASDA (dealers assoc.) members"
" Our History (c.2012 website):
In April of 1966, Horace Harrison - an avid collector and active member of the American Philatelic Societyfounded Harrison & Associates to serve the insurance needs of his fellow stamp collectors.
In 1983, Dan Walker, a fellow collector and friend, purchased the agency from Horace. A former Wall Street securities analyst and financial analyst for the U.S. Department of Transportation, Dan realized there were many other collectibles that would benefit from the specialized insurance offered by the agency. In 1996, Dan struck an agreement with the agency's carrier to cover additional collectible categories and changed the company's name to Collectibles Insurance Agency.
In 2006, Dan the(n) sold the Agency to a privately held wholesale broker. Although, Dan is semi-retired he continues to play an active role in the company's day-to-day operations. In 2010, Global Indemnity plc purchased the Agency to further expand their specialty insurance services. Global Indemnity provides the Agency increased opportunities to market the program nationwide through agents and brokers. Today, Collectibles Insurance Services, LLC carries on the tradition set by Horace and Dan. We are committed to expanding our products and distribution to further meet the needs of collectors and dealers. "
www.stampdealers.com/Walker/ '404' c.2008
Dan (W. Danforth) Walker ASDA-07, CSDA-11, NSDA-06
formerly: Collectibles Insurance Agency
P.O. Box 99, Lisbon, MD, 21765-0099
Tel.: (410) 442-1034, Fax: (410) 489-5318 [email protected] (c.2011), [email protected] (c.2006) Specialties: Stamp Insurance "In 2006, Dan the(n) sold the Agency to a privately held wholesale broker. Although, Dan is semi-retired he continues to play an active role in the company's day-to-day operations."; c.2012 Note: c.2008 Dan is Pres. of the FIAF Commission for Postal History
old: [email protected] (c.2001)
@1, @2, 800.245.7597, t/f: 410-757-5800 eBay Store, stampcenter_md (active c.2008) ZillionsOfStamps Shop; good c.2008 Worldwide National & Topical New Issue Service, Want Lists, e-mail List, Buyer. subdirectory .../csc/ '404' 2008
DJ's Stamps (alt URL)
POB 21516, Baltimore, MD 21282-1516
Tel (410) 358-8542 US (& discount postage), Auctions, eBay
Frederick Appraisal, Claims & Estate Services
David J. Maloney Jr.
(formerly with: CollectingChannel.com's Stamp Channel / ChannelSpace Entertainment)
(cf. Association of Online Appraisers, Inc. above)
P.O. Box 2049, Frederick, MD 21702
Tel 301-228-2279, fax 301-695-6491 Dave specializes in the valuation of antiques, collectibles, residential contents, vehicles, and business equipment and is the chief architect of Maloney's Antiques & Collectibles Resource Directory In print or (was) on the internet with a stamp collecting category including several sub-categories - Overall, ".. a completely searchable online database of over 18,000 resources for over 3000 categories (circa 2001) of antiques, collectibles, art, gems & jewelry, and much more. Specialty clubs, periodicals, experts, buyers, sellers, appraisers, repairers, auctioneers, book sources, museums/libraries, etc." - Print version available c.2008. Circa 2008 "David is past-President and currently Sec./Treas. for the Association of Online Appraisers (AOA). The AOA offers David's unique 550-page Complete Online Course in Personal Property Appraising to its members at no charge." "David also served as Chief Appraisal Officer for CollectingChannel.com and its parent company, Paid, Inc. In addition, he was the architect and Director of CollectingChannel.com's popular online appraisal service, Ask the Appraiser." At one point the 'CollectingChannel.com' is/was said to be in association with Amos Press (publishers of Linn's Stamp News) ajw.
CollectingChannel.com ; '404' c.2008
Note: the CollectingChannel URL is 'Currently For Sale!' - via 'Paid, Inc' c. Feb. 10, 2008 ajw.
; '404' c.2008
20854 Stan Goldfarb's Error Stamps 8520 Atwell Road, Potomac, Maryland 20854 Ph 301-279-0754 (good c.20150524)/ Fax 301-279-9490 [email protected] (c.2015) "SPECIALIZING EXCLUSIVELY IN U.S. ERROR STAMPS"" I am the largest (have you ever heard this before?) exclusive dealer of error stamps with over 1,500 different items . . " www.geocities.com/Eureka/Enterprises/6481 '404' c.2008, rescued c.2015 (data c.2001).
P.O.Box 739, Glen Echo, MD 20812
301-229-9385 [email protected] (c.2015 SESCAL)
ww Postal History
International Collectors Society [ICS]
10045 Red Run Blvd - Suite 350, Owings Mills, MD 21117
Tel: 1-800-624-4427, Fax: 1-800-606-3101 A buyers club; new issue service +++
Aaron Roberts APS-06
P. O. Box 2693, Columbia, MD 21045
Tel.: 410-381-6840 NomeSt<@>aol.com (valid c.2011) Worldwide Booklets, Buy, Sell, Individual Country Lists Available
Martin 'Marty' L. Severe
P.O. Box 762, Rockville, MD 20848-0762
eBay Publishes ArtMaster and ArtCraft FDC/Cachet variety catalogue. eBay url seems to also relate to FDC Publishing Co. also.
7720 Wisconsin Av - Ste 5, Bethesda, MD 20814
Tel. (800) 426-5723, (301) 654-8828, Fax. (301) 654-1923 (limited to USA)
Managing Partner, [email protected]
P.O. Box 83, Monrovia, MD 21704
[email protected] Tel.: 301-874-5737
near Frederick, Maryland
eBay : Store, ID : docnik delcampe.net/stores/docnik "Worldwide Stamp Specialists"
(Mr. Scott Taylor)
Box 423, Ridgely, MD 21660-0423
Tel (410) 634-2982 Auction Agent
World Forum Philatelists
Greg Galletti APS-06
P. O. Box 466
Mount Airy, MD 21771
Tel.: 301-607-9299, Fax : 301-607-9091 [email protected], [email protected] Since 1993 : United Nations Postal History, Switzerland International Agencies, League of Nations : Stamps, postal history, covers. "Quarterly mail sales." NB c.2012 Greg heads the 'Mid-Atlantic UN Collectors Club' a unit of
United Nations Philatelists, Inc. (UNPI) (see the club)
old: http://www.erols.com/Galletti older: home.erols.com/galletti
P.O. Box 3711, Silver Spring, MD 20918
Tel/Fax (301) 593-5316 Stamps and postal history of Ukraine.
StampShows.com MD MD Clubs Maryland's Postal Philatelic Centers Add
Introduction © AJWard65 Indexes
Free counters provided by Honesty.com. World Est. 4/2001, US Est. 3/2001, MD Est. 5/2001