Mendocino County's Metal Detecting Club
Detecting Code of ethics
Don't cause this to happen!!!
- I WILL respect private property and do no treasure hunting without the
- I WILL NOT destroy property, buildings or what is left of ghost towns and
- I WILL NOT litter.
- I WILL NOT contaminate wells, creeks or other water supplies.
- I WILL fill ALL excavations, including beaches and in water.
- I WILL NOT tamper with signs, maintenance facilities or equipment.
- I WILL appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources, wildlife, and
- I WILL protect my hobby, and act as a good will ambassador at all times.
- Before searching public sites, always check laws, ordinances or regulations,
that may govern your search.
- I WILL Never trespass. Always get permission.
- Report the discovery of items of significant historical value to a local
historian or museum in accordance with the latest legislation.
- If live ammunition or lethal objects are discovered, mark the site and inform
- Oh and don't forget,
Back to top