ELI P. LANDERS DAY
CELEBRATION, FUNDRAISER & BARBEQUE
24 September 2005 - 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
At Sweetwater Chapel - 1000 Pleasant Hill Road, Lilburn, Georgia
All profits go to restoring the historic Landers-Cain House, birthplace of Eli P. Landers who served in the 16th Georgia Infantry Volunteers, C.S.A.
Charles Kelly Barrow
13th Brigade Commander, author and historian, speaking on General Patrick R. Cleburne's Emancipation Proclamation of January 1864
- Learn about Gwinnett's Sgt. Eli P. Landers -- the only Georgian inducted into the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier.
- Eli's letters home were memorialized in Elizabeth Roberson's renowned book, Weep Not For Me, Dear Mother.
- Civil War encampment and reenactors!
- 12-pound Confederate Mountain Cannon on display!
The Bottom Line?
$12.00 Per Ticket
- BBQ lunch, served 12 noon til 2 p.m. (carry out available)
- Featured speaker
- Book signings
- Valuable door prizes
- Tour of Eli's home
- Civil War encampment
- Graveside musketry and cannon firing salute
- And much more!
Tickets can be purchased in advance or on the day of the event.
For more information, contact SCV Camp Commander Robert Elliott, 770-682-1102