Brittany is Being Deleted

In a calm system known as Twins Town, Hard Drive gets a message he didn’t want to hear.
"Sorry Hard Drive, but we cannot find what is wrong with her. She is slowly deleting and we cant stop it. You should get here as soon as possible. Try to find Bob and Brian as well they might want to say good-bye." Turbo the Prime Guardian lets a father know that his only daughter is dying.
"I can get a hold of Bob and will be there shortly. Just keep Britt online just a short while longer." Hard drive responds and shuts the vid-window. "My sweet daughter hold on Dads on his way with Bob and Brian.

*************************

A dim lit room filled with family and friends. Britt lays motionless on a bed, her father to the right and Bob and Brian to the left. Enzo leaves the room seeing Bob. This way hurts him. He sits in the hall waiting for him. Matrix holds AndrAIa as she turns to him and cries on his shoulder. Dot turns to Matrix and he pulls her close to let her know it’s okay and they too start to cry. Frisket lays calmly at Bob’s feet whimpering slightly. Mouse and Ray hug in a corner. Mouse is having a hard time seeing two of her best friends suffer. Turbo monitors the machines and feels sorry for the friends.

"What happened to her? Why is she being deleted?" Bob asked breaking the micro long silence.

"I truly don’t know. I sent her and Darren on a assignment to a desolated system. She returned to me like this and Darren is having mental struggles. Whatever happened, it hurt them both bad." Turbo answers in a sad voice. He knew how hard it had to be on Bob.

"She is why females can be in the Guardian selective and she is being punished for it. We should let her get some rest. We will stay in the plaza that I own till we see what happens." Hard Drive said longingly.

Matrix helps AndrAIa and Dot out of the room following Ray and Mouse. Hard Drive puts his arms around both of his sons comforting them. "Bob, Brian I want you to know that it is not your fault that this happened." he said trying to cheer them up.

"We know Pa. It’s just hard. I haven’t seen her in hours and this is what brings me to her." Bob replied with Brian nodding his head.

Turbo and Frisket slowly followed the sprites out of the room. "This is tearing Bob apart. I don’t like seeing him like this." Turbo said with a sorrowful tone in his voice.

"Grrr urp." was Friskets only response.

*****************************

"Where am I?" Britt said with an echo. "Why can’t I see anything? Haven’t I been here before? Why is it so foggy?" Every thing she said faded into the surrounding and she was lost in a familiar place.

"You have been infected by a virus. There is only one way to bring you out of it, and that is to make you remember." the voice of a young man called.

"Who are you? Come out and let me see you. Why are you doing this to me? I didn’t mean any harm." as she spoke a manly figure appeared and took shape. "Ba, Ba, Bob? How can it be you? You left me and father a long time ago. What are you doing in my head?"

"I have no shape and this form is created by your mind. I become what you want to see. You will have memories that may alarm you. You will hear people calling you back to the real world. You cannot answer them and they will always be with you." Bob or the Bob want-a-be said in a somber voice.

"Why did this happen to me? Will I be deleted?" was all Britt could say.

"You are the strongest of the Guardians Selective. A virus wanted to test you. I will be with you at all times and with my help you will survive. I will leave you for a moment and let you think. When I return we will start the mission." the figure said then started to fade.

*********************************************

Back in the room of death, as it was being called, Bob and the others have been here for cycles and wont leave. They have all pulled up seats and have made themselves comfortable. They get little sleep. Bob still sits on the left hand side of Britt wide awake. Brian has his head in Bob’s lap and has fallen asleep like old times. Dot, Matrix, AndrAIa, and Enzo have all fallen asleep on the couch provided. AndrAIa and Dot rest their heads on Matrix’s lap and Enzo uses AndrAIa’s mid section as a pillow. Mouse and Ray are curled in a corner of the room, Ray sitting so comfortable and Mouse resting against him. Fristket has fallen asleep on Bob’s feet. Hard Drive sits on the other side of Britt asleep and snoring loudly. Turbo sits in the window half asleep.

"They are all so peaceful. Hard to believe that such a bad thing has brought so many people to such a small place. This seems like old times, some what." Bob says softly to Turbo.

"I was thinking the something. How does it seem like old times to you?" Turbo said in reply.

"Only Dad, Brian, and Britt seem like old times. We all would sleep in the same room for a while after Mom died. Brian always thought that I was a pillow and Britt had the bed. Dad always snored loud enough to wake the neighbors." Bob said adding, "Dot and the others don’t have to be here but they wont leave either. It comforts me to have such good friends."

"They will stand by you at any cost. I’m sorry about your sister. I should have told you when we were in Mainframe. It’s my fault that she is like this." Turbo said regretfully.

"It’s not your fault." replied Bob and with that they fell asleep.

***************************************

When Britt returned to the world of the fog she knew who the person was right away. "Could you take a form other than my brothers? It’s going to be hard enough to see the things that happened in the past with him but actually being by him." she asked.

"What form do you want me to take?" the form asked.

"It would be best if you took the form of Matrix or Turbo. They are two of my closest friends and they are not in the memories as often." she suggested.

"If that is the form you want me that is the form I shall be." and the shape changed into a young man with a yellowish color hair.

"That is much better. If we have to do, this let us be on our way." and with that they started to walk into the past.

***************************************

"I think that she is getting better." Bob said as a slight change had happened on the monitor.

"Bob. I think that you should get some sleep. You have only had four cycles of sleep in a second. You are being to hard on yourself." Dot said with pure concern.

"I know what we could do," pecked up Matrix. "There is a great diner just a few clicks from here. It’s called Guardians Paradise."

"Let’s go there!" Mouse, Ray, Dot, Hard Drive, AndrAIa, Enzo, Turbo, Brian, and Frisket said. They left the room a little bit happier.

****************************************

"I know this place. This was when Bob came home about a hour before his graduation. We got in a fight this day." Britt said with a sad look and sad tone.

"Yes. Watch and remember what happened." replied Turbo.

"Brittany. Your brother is here to see you. Come down and join us." Hard Drive calls to Britt who is in her room. "And bring Brian with you."

"I actually need to go and see Mouse. I don’t have time to waste here." Bob said as Britt and Brian stood on the bottom step.

"But Bob, she is busy with her father. You should spend time with your family too." Britt said as he started for the door. "She also moved. I can take you to her new house if you want."

"That will do. Common if you have to go hurry up." Bob said in reply.

"See you in a nano Pa." Britt called as walking out the door.

They walked for what seemed like cycles in silence. Britt was the first to speak and was sorry she did. "Bob, how is training going? Dad says that you are a full hour ahead of the rest of the class."

"He’s right. The classes are boring and I don’t want to talk about it." Bob said with an angry edge.

"But Bob, you and I always would talk about this," Britt said a bit shocked.

"I said I don’t want to talk about it!" Bob said slapping Britt across the face.

After he hit her Britt ran away and the memory fades out.

"That is all you remember. You got hit by your brother and ran away. You returned home after he left and didn’t go to his graduation." Turbo said.

"He struck against me. I couldn’t forgive him. He never returned to our home. I have been looking for him so long to apologize. I made a mistake." Britt said in reply.

Back in the room, Hard Drive waits. Bob and Dot left to go get some roses for the room.

"Britt. Can you hear me? Bob and the others are here. They want you to come back to us. Bobs sorry for making you feel bad. He wants to see your loving eyes again." he stated slowly. "Please come back to us." with that a small tear fell down his cheek and Bob walked in.

"I found some pink roses. They were Britt’s favorite. I’ll set them in the window for light." Bob said walking over to the window. "Has there been and change? She will pull through. Just think of what we have been through lately. If she is anything like me or you she will not give up." Bob said putting a converting hand on his fathers shoulder.

"I know she will. It’s just hard. Seeing my little girl in so much pain. No one knows what to do for her and she is getting worse by the micro." Hard Drive answered with his head bent low.

********************************************

"What other memory do we have to see? I can hear my father calling. He sounds sad. What is happening in the real world?" Britt called into the fogginess once more.

"You are now on your own. You only have one bad memory of Bob. It is time for you to return to the world of the processing." stated the form of Turbo.

****************************************

In the room Bob, is awakened by the sound of a soft voice calling.

"Bob, where are you Bob? I want to say I’m sorry for getting mad and running away. No Bob, don’t leave me again." Britt was calling softly n her sleep.

Bob walked over to Britt and the others woke up. Bob took Britt’s hand and tried to comfort her. "I’m here Britt. I will never leave you alone again. I know that you didn’t mean to runaway that night. Please come back to us." Bob pleaded for her to come.

Britt slowly opened her eyes.

"Bob! I’m so glad to see you." she shouted as she sat up and hugged Bob.

"She’s back. It’s good to see your feeling better."Hard Drive said with a sigh of relief.

****************************************

"Bob. I’ll come to Mainframe in a few seconds. I’ll be able to tell you how female sprites are able to be guardians and possibly help you out in your town." Britt said as Bob was preparing to leave.

"Hope to see you again and you better not pull a trick like this again." Bob said with a laugh. He hugged her and went through the tear.

Britt stood and waved till there was no sign of Bob and the others. She let out a sigh of relief and went to her bunker.

Back to Fanfiction

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1