歡迎光臨   EZ Health Tips

請用瀏覽器之退后(back) 鍵返回前頁

What a bargain!
真便宜!

對話
Jenny:  Look what I've got.
珍妮:看我手上這東西。
Fay:  Wow, that's the snazziest looking handbag I've ever seen .Where did you get it?
費伊:哦,我從沒見過這樣漂亮時髦的手提包。你在哪裡買的?
Jenny:  I got it in Paris on my last trip.
珍妮:我上次去巴黎時買的。
Fay:  I bet it cost a fortune?
費伊:我想,一定十分昂貴吧?
Jenny:  No it didn't, I got it for half price because the shop was having a clearance sale.
珍妮:不貴,不貴。當時公司舉行清倉大拍賣,這手提包是半價買的。
Fay:  What a bargain! You'll have to take me with you next time.
費伊:真便宜!下次你去巴黎,可得找我一起去。

多學一點點 真便宜!
Bargain 除了解作「交易」,還可解作「便宜」或「便宜貨」,所以費伊認為珍妮的手提包買得便宜,就說:What a bargain!「她專買便宜貨」可譯做 She always shops for bargains。 Bargain還可作形容詞,例如:The closing-down sale attracted a host of bargain hunters(停業大拍賣,吸引了大批要買便宜貨的顧客)。這裡所說「便宜」可沒有「質劣」的意思。此外,俗語往往以buy(買)、steal(偷)二字作名詞,指「便宜」或「便宜貨」。

除非說明是a bad buy(買得不合算),否則a buy是指a good buy(買得合算),

例如:(1) "I got this antique vase for only $300." "What a buy/steal!"(「我只花三百元,就買到了這個古董花瓶。」「真便宜!」

(2) At $300, the chair was a bad buy. You could easily get it for $200 elsewhere(花三百元買這張椅子,太貴了。在別處二百元就可以買到)。

Value是「價值」,good value或(good) value for (one's) money也有「便宜」的意思,

例如:(1) You got the handbag for half price? That's good value!(你以半價買到這隻手提包?那真便宜!)

(2) Trying to stay within a tight budget, she has to look for value for money when shopping(她可以支配的錢很少,為免超支,買東西得揀便宜的買)。

Good value的反義詞是poor value,例如:If you paid $150 for this pair of shoes, you got poor value (for money)(假如你以一百五十元買這雙鞋,那真是不值)。

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1