's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links LAOS
LAO PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
Entreprise des Postes Lao
M. Pheuysadalom Youtrichanthachack
Directeur de la division du développement postal et du marketing
RÉP. DÉM. POP. LAO
Téléphone (+856 21) 21 63 22
Téléfax (+856 21) 21 63 22
Télex 8044303 POST LAO
- Laos -
- was visited by Europeans in the 17th century. It became a French protectorate in 1893, it was occupied by Japan during World War II and it became independent from France in 1949.
Postage stamps have been issued since 1951.
Enterprise des Postes et Telecommunications
Bureau de Philatelie
Avenue Lane Xang
0100 Vientiane, R.D.P. Laos
- Laos - Indo-China, French (Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam 1889-1945) - all issues - outstanding site
- (This work is no longer there : Ben has sold it to AsiaStamp ; check their site ; listed on the philately page of China: see link below)
Indochina (Indo-chine) was under French control from 1889-1945, area consisting of Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. All the postage stamps used in Indochina were issues of French stamps with "INDOCHINE" imprint. There was only one souvenir sheet issued in Indochina, Colonial Arts Exhibition Issue on April 15, 1937. Indochina stamps are relative cheaper than other Asian countries' stamps. I believe Indochina will be a hot collecting area with in two years.
1/99 - Ben Sheng, [email protected]
- Laos -
- Location: Southeastern Asia, northeast of Thailand, west of Vietnam
Independence: 19 July 1949 (from France)
National holiday: National Day, 2 December (1975) (proclamation of the Lao People's Democratic Republic)
- Laos - Download Album Pages: - $5 a year for all the countries you can eat!
- Free Album Pages? This site is sort of like "shareware" software.
- see our China pages regarding Ben's work -- - >
Loas Dealers Directory Entities 'L' Menu © AJ Ward