Bookmarks for aj ward
- Haiti - short
- Haiti was first visited by Christopher Columbus in 1492. It was created when the west third of the island was ceded to France as Saint-Domingue in 1697. A slave rebellion was followed by independence as Haiti in 1804. It was united with Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) from 1822 to 1844 and was under US occupation from 1915 to 1934.
The first postage stamps were issued in 1881
Office des Postes
- Haiti - long
- Location: Caribbean, western one-third of the island of Hispaniola, between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, west of the Dominican Republic
Independence: 1 January 1804 (from France)
- Haiti Postage Stamps - 1881-1890
- Haiti catalogs to 12/86 (incl. Varieties, Topics) - APS's WPID data is in ASCII comma delimited format
- ...The data can be imported into a database program such as Access, Approach, dBase, Foxpro, Paradox etc.,
Also the data has not been updated in a number of years.. - others are needed to continue this task.
ftp sites for the WPID data: ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/doc/mail/stamps/wpid/
To enter new information contact the co-ordinator J. M. Myerson ([email protected])
or l: [email protected]
- Inter Governmental Philatelic Agency Online - for over 55 countries
460 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
Telephone: (212) 629-7979
Fax: (212) 629-3350
e-mail [email protected]
also with offices in London, Paris, Israel, Africa, Hong Kong.