's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links GUINEA / GUINÉE
(The former French Guinea)
Office des postes de Guinée (OPG)
Mme Barry Djénabou
Gestion des relations extérieures
Boîte postale 2984
Téléphone (+224) 41 12 38, Fax (+224) 41 40 50 / or 45
- Guinea -
- became a French Protectorate in 1849. It was governed with Senegal as Rivieres du Sud. It became a separate colony in 1893. It became a constituent territory within French West Africa, 1904, an overseas territory in 1946 and an independent republic in 1958.
Postage stamps have been issued for Guinea since 1959.
BP 4562, Conakry
Republic of Guinea
- Guinea (former: French Guinea ) - via the CIA:
- (2 October 1958 independant from France)
Location: Western Africa, bordering the North Atlantic Ocean, between Guinea-Bissau and Sierra Leone.
- Inter Governmental Philatelic Agency Online - for over 55 countries
460 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001, U.S.A.
Telephone: (212) 629-7979, Fax: (212) 629-3350
e-mail [email protected]
Also with offices in London, Paris, Israel, Africa, Hong Kong
- Guinea (and 'French Guinea') - Download Album Pages: - $5 a year for all the countries you can eat!
- (look under 'G' and 'F') - Free Album Pages? This site is sort of like "shareware" software.
Guinea Dealers Directory Entities 'G' Menu © AJ Ward