's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links
- Office des postes et télécommunications
Direction de la Poste
M. Bernard Poaty Ditengou
Chef de la Division des études, des relations internationales et de la réglementation
Téléphone (+241) 78 73 68
Téléfax (+241) 78 73 66
- Gabon -
- was visited by the Portuguese in the 15th century and was under French control from the mid-19th century when settlers from a French captured slave ship formed Libreville in 1849. The country was occupied by France in 1885 and was one of four territories in French West Africa. It became independent in 1960.
The first postage stamps were issued for the colony in 1886.
Direction Generale des PTT
- Inter Governmental Philatelic Agency Online - for over 55 countries
460 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10001, U.S.A.
Telephone: (212) 629-7979
Fax: (212) 629-335
e-mail [email protected]
also with offices in London, Paris, Israel, Africa, Hong Kong.
- Gabon - Download Album Pages: - $5 a year for all the countries you can eat!
- Free Album Pages? This site is sort of like "shareware" software.
- Philatelic Museums & Libraries data - Gabon
- Gabon ; via the CIA
- Location: Western Africa, bordering the Atlantic Ocean at the Equator, between Republic of the Congo and Equatorial Guinea.
Independence: 17 August 1960 (from France)
Gabon Dealers Directory Entities 'G' Menu © AJ Ward