's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links
FINLAND / SUOMI
including & see also: Aland
- Finland -
- was ruled by Sweden from 1157 until ceded to Russia in 1809. It was a Grand Duchy of the Russian Czar in the 19th century and became an independent republic in 1917. Invaded by the Soviet Union in 1939-40 and lost territory including Petsamo and the Porkkala peninsula. Finland also has jurisdiction over the Aland Islands which have issued their own postage stamps since 1984. Finish postage stamps were issued from 1918 until 1940 and, again, since 1991. Issues of 1856 to 1916 were of the Russian Empire.
Postal and Agency Contacts... :
Posts and Telecommunications of Finland
FIN-00101 Posti, Helsinki, Finland
FAX +358 204 51 5580
Post Finland Ltd.
PO Box 2
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
- Finland via CIA Data :
- Location: Northern Europe, bordering the Baltic Sea, Gulf of Bothnia, and Gulf of Finland, between Sweden and Russia.
name: local long form: Suomen Tasavalta
local short form: Suomi
Independence: 6 December 1917 (from Russia)
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/fi.html '404' c.2008
- (Philatelic Federation of Finland)
- Visiting address: Main Post Office
- Mannerheiminaukio 1 E 60, 6th floor.
- B.O. BOX 257
- FIN-00101 Helsinki, Finland
- Phone: +358-9-5840-0190
Executive secretary: Tarja Pohjolainen
- e-mailto:[email protected]
- http://www.saunalahti.fi/~sfff/ '404' c.2008
- http://www.sci.fi/~sfff/ '404' c.2008
- Finland postal history & stamps
- on site links:
Finland postal history
(which has: Introduction/Postmarks
Mail to Morten Naarstad: [email protected]
- http://home.sol.no/~naam/ '404' c.2008
- HFF - HELSINGFORS FRIMÄRKSSAMLARE FÖRENING RF
- - (was) In Finish but included:
- "Reference Manual of Forgeries" (see below)
- old: www.geocities.com/Augusta/5525/ '404' c.200910
- old: personal.inet.fi/yritys/porssitieto/manual.htm 'forwards' c.2008
- older: members.nbci.com/porti/manual.htm '404'
- See: Stamp Forgery Guide (links) (G. Kock)
- old: www.geocities.com/Augusta/5525/forglinks.html 'forwards' c.2008
- A list of the world's philatelic experts, past and present (G. Kock)
- old: www.geocities.com/Augusta/5525/experts.html 'forwards' c.2008
sekreterare Erik Sahlstedt
Karlavägen 3 A 21
00200 Helsingfors, Finland
- Telefon hem: 676 643, tjänst: 040 729 5950
- E-post: erik.sahlstedt snabel-a gmail.com
- On our site: A small testimonial by Mr. Kock, HFF. (Sec. c.2001)
- Finland's Post Museum - Collections
- Post Museum
Helsinki Main Post Office
telephone: +358 204 51 4908
Open: Monday-Friday 10 am - 7 pm
Saturday-Sunday 11 am - 4 pm
Admission: free. - notes it has all stamps issued.
- Philatelic Museums & Libraries data - Finland
- includes mailing address, telephone #, email...
- dspace.dial.pipex.com/gs/museum4.htm#fi '404' c.2008
- Suomen Posti Oy - Finland Post Ltd.
- Finland's postal authority; English , images 1995-1998 , online order
- Call Centre + 358 8001-7100
Finland Post Ltd.
P.O. Box 1
FIN-00011 POSTI FINLAND
email: [email protected]
Finland / FINLANDE
Finland Post Ltd.
P.O. Box 102
Mr Jörn Allardt
Director International Mail
Chairmanship: Ms Riitta Vuorenmaa
Language of correspondence: English
email: [email protected] - 2/99
- Postage rates
- from Mark Sietz
- Finland's Tourist Board - Visit
- © Finnish Tourist Board
P.O. BOX 625
FIN-00101 Helsinki, Finland
Feedback: [email protected]
- Linn's: Finnish issues: AUNUS [Olonets, Russia] (1919)
- Aunus, the Finnish name for Olonets, a Russian town, was occupied by Finnish forces in 1919. Finnish stamps overprinted with the town name were used during the occupation.
- (you know have to register to view their pages. c.2008)
- >Posten på Åland - Hemsida
- Posten på Åland
Tel: +358 (0)18 6360
Fax: +358 (0)18 636608
E-post : [email protected]
Filateliservicen: [email protected]
and from philately.com
FAX +358-28 28608
- See Also: Aland's own page here
Finland Dealers Directory Home Submit URL ©
Free counters provided by Honesty.com.