's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links
ERITREA / ERYTHRÉE
- Eritrea -
- was occupied by Italy in 1882. An Italian colony, Eritrea was incorporated into the state of Italian East Africa in 1936. The Italians were forced out of Eritrea and Ethiopia by the Allies in 1941 and Eritrea was assimilated into Ethiopia. The country declared independent in May 1993. Postage stamps have been issued since 1892.
Eritrean Post Service
Inter-Governmental Philatelic Corp. (see below)
Eritrean Postal Service
M. Goitom Tecle
P.O. Box 229
Téléphone (+291 1) 121 900
Téléfax (+291 1) 125 474
From the UPU
- Eritrea via the CIA :
- Location: Eastern Africa, bordering the Red Sea, between Djibouti and Sudan.
former: Eritrea Autonomous Region in Ethiopia
Independence: 27 May 1993 (from Ethiopia; formerly the Eritrea Autonomous Region)
- Inter Governmental Philatelic Agency Online - for over 55 countries
- (for dealers only)
- Eritrea - Download Album Pages: - $5 a year for all the countries you can eat!
- Free Album Pages? This site is sort of like "shareware" software.
Home Submit URL ©