COMOROS / COMORO ISLANDS
- Comoros Islands -
- The Comoros were under French control from 1843 until 1912 and were classified as a French overseas territory from 1947 to 1961 when they were given internal political autonomy. The country declared independence in 1975.
Postage stamps have been issued for Archipel des Comores since 1950.
Direction Generale des PTT
Morini, Republique Federale Islamaque des Comoros
and from Malte: (who spells it Comores)
M. le 1er Agent Postal
- CIA Data on Comoros: Location: Southern Africa, group of islands in the Mozambique Channel, about two-thirds of the way between northern Madagascar and northern Mozambique.
Independence: 6 July 1975 (from France)
(Note: still claims Mayotte. aj)
- Download Album Pages: - $5 a year for all the countries you can eat!
- Free Album Pages? This site is sort of like "shareware" software.
- Comoros Stamp New Issues News
- Inter Governmental Philatelic Corp. (IGPC) Online - Agency for over 55 countries - Buy at 'face' value! (if you're a dealer)
- Stamps of the Comoros Islands (incl Mayotte, Anjouan)
- - not a shop but collectors there do sell - VERY Nice Display; seems complete..
- ArabNet -- Comoros, History
Submit URL Top Home