AJ's Encyclopedia of Stamps & Philatelic Links
COLUMBIA / COLOMBIE
From stamps page at UNESCO's Year Of The Ocean
For more info contact:
Comision Colombiana de Oceanografia
Calle 41 N46-20
Tel: (57) 2220436 or 2220449
Fax: (57) 2220416
Customer Service Contact from the UPU:
Administración Postal Nacional
M. Helio José Orduz Pico
Subgerente de Mercadeo
Edificio Murillo Toro - Piso 6° - Oficina 607
Carrera 8A entre Calles 12 y 13
SANTAFE DE BOGOTA, D.C.
COLOMBIE - S.A.
Téléphone (+57 1) 341 5534
Téléfax (+57 1) 283 3345
Colombia - FIP DATA
- Federación Filatelica Colombiana
Apartado Postal 25045
Santafé de Bogota
Fax: 0057 1 6130 568
- Colombia was occupied by the Spanish in the early 16th century. It was governed by Spain within the Viceroyalty of Peru, later the Viceroyalty of New Grenada. Colombia became independent in 1819 after the campaigns of Simon Bolivar. (note: there's a good biographical timelime of Bolivar's life at this link; see below - aj)
The first postage stamps were issued in 1859 as the Grenadine Confederation and 1861 as the United States of New Grenada. Stamps for the Republic of Colombia were first issued in 1886.
Division de Filatelia, Sala de Ventas
Administracion Postal Nacional
Edificio Murillo Toro Oficina 208
Santafe de Bogota DC, Colombia
and from Malte:
Jefe de Valores Postales y Filatelia
Edificio Murillo Toro
- Piso 6, Carrera 8A entre Calles 12 y 13
SANTAFÉ DE BOGOTÁ, D.C
- Simon Bolivar - Biographical Timeline from Philately.com
- as noted above - this is the link.
- FILATELIA COLOMBIANA with images of stamps 1859 to mid 1950's
- Dirección: Edificio del Banco de la República. Calle 50 No.50-21. Medellín
Teléfonos: (57) (4) 251 55 79
Telefax: (57) (4) 251 54 88
E-Mail : [email protected]
Horarios: Días hábiles, entre las 10:00 a.m. y las 6:00 p.m.
- Philatelic Museums & Libraries data - Columbia - provides same link.
- Notes on the Stamps of the COLOMBIAN STATES - by Dr. Gene Scott
- Dr. Norman Hubbard, world-renowned authority on the Classics of Latin America, writes: "The depth of the research on the Colombian States is truly remarkable. Studies of such magnitude have never been produced for the Colombian States... Some of the findings are available for the first time in this extremely valuable monograph. It is essential for anyone interested in the postage stamps of the Colombian States in particular or in classic imperforate issues in general."
- Dr. Gene Scott
- P.O.Box 1, Los Angeles, CA 90053
- order via: Dolores Press, Inc., 1501 S. Glendale Ave.,Glendale, CA 91205
- contact Tel.: 1-800-338-3030, E-mail: Dr. Gene Scott
- Colombia; Semi Officials - Rainer's Pages
- email: [email protected]?SUBJECT=Rainer's Stamp Corner
- CIA Data on Colombia
- Location: Northern South America, bordering the Caribbean Sea, between Panama and Venezuela, and bordering the North Pacific Ocean, between Ecuador and Panama
Independence: 20 July 1810 (from Spain)
Submit URL Home