- Artistamp News Archives (4)
- ARTPOOL Museum of Artistamps (6)
- Five/Cinq Archives (6)
- Günther Ruch Collection (3)
- H.R. Fricker Collection (1)
- International Register of Artistamps (3)
- Modern Realism Archive (8)
- Museo Internacionale de Nue Art (4)
- Robin Crozier Archive (3)
- Museum für moderne Kunst Weddel (1)
- PTT-Museum/Musée (1)
- VEC Archive (1)
- International Artists' Postage Stamps Exhibition
- Mail Art/Postage Stamps
- Corresponding Worlds - Artists' Stamps
- Bélyegképek - Stamp Images
- International Artistamp Show
- Decentralized Mail Art Congress 1986
- International Invitational Artistamp Exhibition
- Pacific Northwest Artistamp Collective
- Art Stamps-Andere Briefmarken
London artist Michael Bidner, who was known earlier in his career for his work with graphics, died Wednesday at Parkwood Hospital. He had been suffering from AIDs. "I carried his work for many years. He had a wonderful, whimsical sense of humor and it came out in his work," said Nancy Poole, executive director of the London Regional Art and Historical Museums. "He also had a tolerance and abiding affection for people. He viewed life with a very kind eye but a very perceptive one, the eye of the artist." Poole said when she was dealing with Bidner, "He did a remarkable series of prints" which were later bought by the McIntosh Gallery. In more recent years, Bidner, 44, compiled a catelogue of what he called "artistamps," non-postage stamps created by artists. Artistamps feature all types of images, often spoofs of official stamps. His career also included numerous projects in commercial and fine art and communications. Bidner's funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Martin of Tours church.
Reproduced with permission by the
London Free Press
Further reproduction without written consent of the London Free Press is prohibited.
View his Artistamp . . .
IDAC Artists . . .
Museum Entrance . . .
Museum Shop . . .