Part 51

"Now why the hell didn't I think of this?" Kelnino grumbled in disbelief.

"Because you weren't thinking too clearly," dreamer deadpanned.

"Hey!" Kearbear interjected.

"Well, it's true," Jill shot back. "Come on. We don't have much time to lose."

The pioneers walked out of the airport and hailed a taxicab. dreamer spoke to the driver in Spanish (I *am* fluent, ya know :P), and off they went. About 15 minutes later, they found themselves at the tall wrought-iron gates of a very fancy-schmancy estate.

Jill cleared her throat. "Okay, here's what we do. We're going to sneak in and see if we can find Sweep without making too much commotion, okay? Daniel, we're going to need you most of all. Daniel? Er...where'd he go?" Jill looked around as the other pioneers glanced at the huge fence.

"Well, maybe he squeezed through that gap in the fence. He's pretty skinny no matter how many times he says he's been working out," KearBear observed.

"Hey! You wouldn't know! He's got a very nice body thankyouverymuch!" Robin yelled as he then realized what he'd said and shrank back into the crowd.

"Well, who else can fit in there? We have to go find him!" Jill said as she watched her whole plan fall to pieces.

At that moment the bathroom pioneers were all finding ways to get inside the fence. KearBear and Shayde were helping each other climb over the fence as Sky and Junta tried to push KelNino through the gap. Jill watched the un-organized crowd as the ones with powers caused great commotion working on several ways to get each other either through, under or over the great wall. Finally KearBear screamed as she fell over the fence and landed painfully on the other side. KelNino struggled as Sky and Junta used their last bit of strength to push KelNino's scrawny, boney, flat butt through the gap. As KearBear and KelNino met up on the other side they tried to help each other open the fence and let the others in, only to find that the electric fence had *just* been activated.

"Yo - KelNino. I'll give you 5 bucks if you touch that fence..." Kelnino's friend Lee appeared and waved a bill in the air.

"Yeah! You got a deal!" Kelnino laid a hand on the fence...and nothing happened. She grabbed a wire...and nothing happened. "Hey, it doesn't work! Come on over, you guys!"

Robin stepped up on the fence and laid his hand on it to pull himself up. He screamed in pain and fell to the ground, jerking violently.

"Oh..." Kelnino mumbled, "I guess it works after all...sorry, I forgot to remind you that I'm immune to electric fences..."

"KelNino, you are such an ass! Here, lay on the fence!" Kearbear grabbed KelNino and threw her over the fence, her leg on one side, her torso on the other. This way, the other pioneers were able to climb over her without touching the electric fence. even Robin, who was now only twitching painfully, was able to scramble over. KelNino fell back down and the bathroom pioneers went to the front door. dreamer politely knocked and a man answered. It was Flash!

"Oh my god! Wait - how'd you get here?" KearBear yelled as she looked around panicking. She began to quiver in fear as she backed into a corner behind a bush muttering, "They're going to get me. It's a conspiracy...nowhere to hide..."

"Chill out, guys," Flash said calmly holding his hands up as if for them to back off, "While you all were so desperately trying to get over the fence, I walked around to the side. You see, the fence was not finished yet and there was a clear way to get into the house. I walked to the back door and easily got in that way. I've been having a really pleasant conversation with the cook of the house. KearBear, are you all right?"

KearBear stopped her annoying murmuring to glance at the rest of the pioneers who were looking worryingly at her. She began to stifle the now-violent shaking that had taken over her body as she said, "I-I-I'm o-o-ok-okay. I w-w-was just a l-l-little worried there for a s-s-second. You s-sh-should have t-told s-someone that y-you were g-going."

"I'm sorry," Flash said as he went to help KearBear up and gave her a hug. "Now, you guys want to come inside? The freak with Sweep should be back soon." The pioneers followed Flash, who was still holding a now quite calm KearBear as they walked into a quiet room and wasted away all their money on expensive horses that hated to work. By the time they were done, they all had bruises all over their backs and miserable headaches. Then they looked around and realized they had no idea where to go from there.

"Well, Jill, you're the expert here - so what do we do now?" asked Kearbear.

"That depends. Kelnino, do you still have that leash?"

"Yeah, why?" Jill nodded towards Robin, who was obliviously munching on yet another banana. Both of them gave dreamer a nod. Kelnino silently counted to three and the girls sprang into action. dreamer got Robin into a headlock while Kelnino snapped on the dog collar and attached the leash.

"Bloody hell!" he yelped. "Why can't Daniel sniff out his own damn dog?!"

"Because we're not sure where he went - duh!" dreamer said, holding Sweep's chew toy under his nose. "Now go find her!"

"But I don't wanna..." Robin sat back and whined miserably.

"Oh shut up, you wanker!" KelNino slapped Robin, who jumped into action upon her wrath and ran in the direction of the nearest bathroom.

"What in hell are we doing here?" dreamer asked as she looked inside the empty toilet area.

"It does seem appropriate, does it not? I mean, we're the bloody *bathroom* pioneers. Doesn't it seem bloody logical that we should actually confront a problem in a w.c.?" Robin said as he tried to get the leash off.

"Yes, it does seem kinda logical, but Robin, this bathroom is empty," KearBear said.

"Oh! Bloody hell! Are you guys that stupid? There's got to be some sort of secret door or something. I wouldn't have smelled the trail of the damn dog unless she had come here," he replied, rolling his eyes.

"Ah-hem!" Jill started. "Robin, did it ever occur to you that one of them - Ricky or Sweep - had to use the bathroom? So they came in here? Most likely Ricky and he just brought the dog in here."

"Ohhhhh! That does make some sense...well. It wasn't all my fault..." Robin said nervously as the pioneers crept up on him angrily.

"That's right. It wasn't *all* your fault Robin," KearBear said as Robin nodded his head as if to agree, then KearBear finished, "It was a job done by you *and* your dumbass nose!"

"Whoa, guys, chill," said KelNino coming into the action, "Let's not fight. Let's just get Robin going to find the actual Sweep. That way we can find Daniel faster too, okay?"

The pioneers nodded as KelNino leaned against the sink to rest herself. Just then, the wall with the sink against it turned around and took KelNino with it to the other side. The other pioneers were fascinated, but did not forget that it had taken one of their fellow pioneers. So the group tried to do the same thing and reach the other side, but were stopped by some kid.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" the kid said. He carried a big staff.

"And what the hell are you doing with that stick?" Kearbear looked him over. The kid looked at her blankly. "Hey! I know you! You were in that sci-fi movie...uh...Prophecy! Yeah, you were in Prophecy! Kelnino loved that movie."

"What are you talking about, Kearbear?" Flash asked.

"This kid - his name is Danyel - is supposed to be man's savior!" Kearbear answered.

"But my name is Daniel!" Daniel the rock star whined.

"Yeah, but his name is spelled funny, with a y instead of an i-"

"Yeah, whatever. Come on, we have to find KelNino..." dreamer interruped. "Nice meeting you, 'Danyel,' but we have to go save the reincarnated soul of Kurt Cobain."

"Yeah! Bye Danyel! Have fun defeating Pyrial and the evil dark angels!" Kearbear called as they disapeared around the trap door. Danyel waved blankly.

"So, where are we?" Shayde struck a match and looked around the room. "Ewww, it's kinda creepy in here."

"Yeah, it is..." KearBear said as a chill went through her and she inched closer to Flash.

"I'm gonna have to light another match. Hold on guys," Shayde said as she shook the first match.

When it got dark, all of the sudden a bright white light appeared. "Hey, where's that coming from?" KelNino asked. "Flash, it's in your direction. What is it?"

"Erm...it's me..." Kearbear said sheepishly.

"Wow! So you've been glow in the dark this whole time?" Robin asked amazed.

"No, but I happen to be wearing shorts right now and I'm very pale...it has an odd effect to darkness..." KearBear replied.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! KearBear, you mean to tell me that you are so pale, you glow in the dark?" KelNino asked as she fell over laughing.

"'Scuse me, KelNino," Kearbear said, "I don't see *you* with shorts on ever, do I?"

"Shut up!"

On to Part 52!

Back to silverchair stuff

Hosted by www.Geocities.ws

1