|Welcome to the Homepage of your loving Friend P.Rajarajan - Salem|
|Dwitiya Sopan Requirements|
|1. PIONEERING : Tie and show the uses of Timber Hitch, Rolling Hitch, Marline Spike/Lever Hitch, Figure of Eight Knot, Sheer Lashing, Sqare Lashing and Diagonal Lashing. Demonstrate the uses of Four Camp Tools.
2. FIRE : (i) Lay and light a wood fire in the open with not more than two match sticks and light a kerosine / gas stove.
(ii) Demonstrate any three of the following :
(a) Safety precautions with regard out fire.
(b) Bucket Chain method of putting out fire.
(c) How to tackle dry grass fire.
(d) Precautions in case of Gas Leak.
3. COOKING : Cook in the open, two simple dishes, enough for two persons and make tea / coffee for one Patrol over wood fire or stove.
4. COMPASS : (i) Demonstrate practical use of a compass and know the sixteeen points.
(ii) Be able to find North by atleast two constellations.
(iii) Have knowledge of paces, bearing and map sketches.
5. FIRST AID : (i) Demonstrate St. John's sling and
(ii) Improvised stretcher
(iii) Throw a life-line for 10 metres.
(iv) Render First Aid for :
(a) Burns and Scalds. (b) Sprains.
(c) Stings and Bites. (d) Bleeding from Nose.
6. Satisfy your S.M. / G.C. that your behavior at home and at school is Good.
7. ESTIMATION : With the help of improvised apparatus, estimate two distances / width of not more than 100 metres.
8. Participate in a Troop / Company Wide Game.
9. Know and demonstrate Semaphore Or Morse Signalling by any one of the methods - Flag/disc/Buzzer.
10.Qualify for Any One of the following Proficiency Badge.
1. Cook 2. Debator 3. Friend to Animals 4. Gardener 5. Cyclist 6. Handyman / Handywoman 7. Laundrer / Laundress.
11.Participate Troop/Patrol sustained activity organised by the Scout Master / Guide Captain for a month in your community making use of Scout / Guide skills.
12.Complete any two of the following :
(a) Collect information on our heritage and culture and prepare a log.
(b) Undertake a development project in your School with your Patrol in consultation with the Head of the Institution.
(c) Participate in a Social Service Camp.
(d) Serve in a community Fair or Mela.
(e) Discuss with your parents and neighbours about a Pollution Problem in your locality and make a report of it.
13.Serve as a Pratham Sopan Scout / Guide for atleast Nine Months.
|Dwitiya Sopan is the third stage of development for an Indian Scout. One has to work as a Pratham Sopan Scout atleast for Nine Months and has to qualify the following requirements to become a Dwitiya Sopan Scout. I became a Dwitiya Sopan Scout on December 20, 2000.|